how to make content go viral
out of 12
Post on 23-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONWhat makes ideas, content, and products go viral? Learn the secrets behind the science of social transmission from Jonah Bergerauthor of the best-selling book Contagious: Why Things Catch On. Discover the 6 STEPPS that can help your products or ideas get shared.
- HOW TO MAKE CONTENT GO VIRAL
- What makes ideas, content, and products go viral?
- Spoiler alert: Not this.
- Learn the secrets behind the science of social transmission in a new lynda.com video course by Jonah Bergerauthor of the best-selling book Contagious: Why Things Catch On.
- Through a decade of research, Berger found there are six STEPPS to creating content that people want to share. They are... S T E P P S Social Triggers Emotion Public Practical Currency Value Stories
- SOCIAL CURRENCY The more something makes you look cool, smart, or in-the-know, the more likely you are to share it.
- TRIGGERS Triggers are stimuli that pop up in the environment, reminding you of a product or ideaand making you more likely to talk about it.
- EMOTION The more emotional connection we feel toward a message, the more likely we are to pass it on, especially if it makes us laugh or feel angry, excited, or inspired.
- PUBLIC We look for social proof when making decisions about what ideas to follow; we imitate things when we can publicly see other people doing them.
- PRACTICAL VALUE We share information when we believe its useful and will benefit our friends and family.
- STORIES Stories are the currency of conversation, so get people to pass along your message in a great narrative.
- Want to know more? Find out more about Jonah Berger. Watch his full, example-rich video course Viral Marketing: Crafting Shareable Content at lynda.com. Check out these free videos from the course: Introduction Reminding people with triggers Telling stories that carry your message
View more >
How to go Viral in The Marketing World - To Go Viral In The Marketing... · MSN Hotmails viral marketing…