how to host a birthday party
Post on 19-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. How to Host a Birthday Party: An A-Z Guide By Franny Tyska
2. A is for ALWAYS PLAN AHEAD!
- Always plan ahead! You have to get ready for the special day!
- The key is this motto:
- Perfect Planning Produces Perfect Parties!
- The first birthday parties began before the rise of Christianity, to ward off evil spirits!
3. B is for Balloons
- Balloons are perfect to make any celebration special, including birthdays.
- There are many games you can play with just a single balloon, so there good if you want to save money.
- Did you know balloons long ago were made of animal bladders?
4. C is for Cake (or cupcakes)
- Parties NEED cake (or cupcakes) to make it seem special. You also can sing happy birthday at the of eating cake.
- You can make a cake or by it at a bakery.
- Greeks called cakes "plakous , which means "flat."
5. D is for Decorations
- Decorations can be confetti, streamers, balloons, etc.
- You should put decorations up so people know that your party is special.
- Madonna used a 2-ton disco ball (a decoration) that was embellished with 2 million dollars' worth of crystals for her Confessions Tour in 2006.
6. E is for Excellent Invitations
- Send invitations out to all of you friends so they know your having a party.
- Include the Who, What, When, Where and Why.
- A long time ago when there was no other way, invitations had to be hand delivered by scullery maids, no matter the weather conditions!
7. F is for Favor Bags
- Favor bags are a great way to tell your guests thank you.
- Favor bags are small bags filled with inexpensive treats.
- Favor bags are often called treat bags or goodie bags.
8. G is for Guests
- You simply MUST HAVE guests at a party.
- Dont invite to many guests or the party will get too crazy!
- Make sure you are nice to your guests or theyll want to go home.
9. H is for Hosting it at your House
- Only host it at your house if your ready for a mess!
- Make sure you clean up your house before your guests come or theyll think youre a slob.
- Did you know that 15% of Americans live in apartments instead of houses?
10. I is for Ice Cream
- Ice Cream is a delicious treat that you should eat with your cake.
- I recommend that you keep the ice cream in the freezer.
- In 1700,Governor Bladen from Maryland served ice cream to his guests.
11. Juice J is for
- Juice is a delicious drink that would be a good substitute for soda, which is very unhealthy.
- Make sure you get the juice ready right away for guests, because there bound to get thirsty soon.
- Cranberry juice has been known for a long time to prevent or even treat bladder infections.
12. K is for Kitchen
- I recommend that you keep your guests OUT OF THE KITCHEN!
- Believe me, THEY WILL MAKE A HUMUNGOUS MESS!
- Cooking fires ( which occur in the kitchen), are the number one reason of home fires and home fire injuries.
13. L is for Late
- At a birthday party, its fun to stay up late.
- But, dont stay up quitetoolate or youll be really tired in the morning.
- Did you know that 11-12 year olds need at least 9 hours of sleep a night?
14. M is for Music
- Music is great for a party.
- It sets a nice, positive mood.
- This is the song with the longest title,
- 'I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with my Honolulu Mama Doin' Those Beat-o, Beat-o Flat-On-My-Seat-o, Hirohito Blues' By Hoagy Carmichael in 1943.
15. N is for NO CLOWNS
- Seriously. Trust me on this.
- Clowns are not good for 12-13 year olds birthday parties.
- Did you know there are four different types of clowns?
16. O is for Opening the Door
- Make sure your ready when you open the door.
- Make sure you smile and say hello!
- If you want to say hello in Bulgarian, say Zdravei!
17. P is for PRESENTS!!!
- Presents are fun to get.
- Make sure to say Thanks!
- The first present giving traces back to Ancient Rome!
18. Q is for Queen of the Party
- Youre the host, so your in charge!
- But remember, your guests want to have fun, so be kind and courteous.
- Always remember to let them make choices, too!
19. R is for Running Guests out the Door
- Once the party is done, you will have to run the guests out the door.
- Make sure to say Thanks for coming!
- Did you know the earliest doors were foundin Egyptian tombs?
20. S is for Success!
- YES! You finished! NOT! You still have more to do!
- But first, take a breather for about an hour.
- Oh no! YOU FELL ASLEEP! WAKE UP! You still have more to do!
21. T is for Thank You Cards
- Thank you cards are a big pain.
- But you have to thank your guests for coming.
- Try not to give fill in the blank cards because they dont mean as much as the real thing.
22. U is for Under the Table
- Make sure you check under the table for left over crumbs and food.
- Get out a vacuum and suck it up.
- Did you know that Hubert Cecil Booth invented the vacuum. Thank God!
23. V is for Very Messy
- Your house is probably a wreck.
- I suggest you clean bit by bit so you dont get stressed.
- Once you are done, RELAX!
24. W is for Wrapping Paper
- This you should NOT throw away.
- If there is enough, you can save it and reuse it.
- REDUCE, REUSE RECYCLE!
- Did you know that the Chinese invented wrapping paper?
25. X is for X-tra Food
- You probably ate a lot of food- but NOT ALL OF IT!
- Keep the extras for your next meal.
- Did you know that the name Extra Food is the name of a Canadian super market?
26. Y is for YOURE DONE!
- Congrats on your party that is FINISHED!
- You might be a bit sad, but remember, you can rest and look at your presents now!
- GO GET SOME SLEEP!
27. Z is for Zippety-Do-Da
- Zippety-Do-Da, Zippety-Day, my oh my its a wonderful day! Your Parties over, and its time to play, Zippety-Do-Da, Zippety-Day!
- Have fun at the rest of your parties, kids!