how to create an apa cover page
out of 21
Post on 25-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. APA APA cover page formatting
- 2. Step One Open a new document in Microsoft Word Before you begin typing, go to the top of the page and locate the FONT section. Look for the arrow at the bottom right of the section and click on it.
- 3. Step Two Select Times New Roman, regular font style, and size 12. Once you have selected these options, look to the bottom-left of the menu. You will see the option to SET AS DEFAULT select this option.
- 4. Step Three Once you select SET AS DEFAULT, you will see the message to the right. Since APA guidelines require Times New Roman size 12, go ahead and select ALL DOCUMENTS. This will make it easier for you to format your papers.
- 5. Step Four Header: To add a header, use your cursor and double click the top of the page. Your paper will now look like this
- 6. Step Five Next, look at the top of the page. You should see a green tab that reads HEADER & FOOTER TOOLS. Select the box that reads DIFFERENT FIRST PAGE. x
- 7. Step Six Select PAGE NUMBER, TOP OF PAGE, and PLAIN NUMBER 1. This inserts your page number in the top-left corner of the page. Once you have selected the DIFFERENT FIRST PAGE box, look over to the top left of the page. You will see HEADER, FOOTER, and PAGE NUMBER.
- 8. Step Seven The cursor should be on the left side of the page number. Start typing your running head for the first page. You will type Running head: TITLE. The title of your paper will be in all CAPS. The page number will still be right next to the title.
- 9. Step Eight After you have finished typing, press TAB on your keyboard to move the page number to the top-right side of the page. Press TAB until the number is about an inch from the edge. Next, double click below the dotted line. You should now have a properly formatted APA header on your title page. It will look something like this:
- 10. Step Nine Next, you need to check the line spacing of your document. Look at the top of the page and locate the PARAGRAPH section. Locate the arrow at the bottom -right of the section and click on it.
- 11. Step Ten Clicking on the arrow in the PARAGRAPH section will bring up the menu on the right. You will want to look for the section entitled SPACING. In this section, you will want to set AFTER to 0pt and the LINE SPACING as double. Then, select SET AS DEFAULT (as you did with the font). APA formatting guidelines require double- spacing and no extra spaces between paragraphs.
- 12. Step Eleven Make sure your cursor is at the top of your page. Next, hit ENTER on your keyboard FOUR times. Now you need to center your cursor. Go back to the top of the page under paragraph and select the CENTER TEXT option.
- 13. Step Twelve Now you are ready to finish your cover page. You want to start by typing the title of your paper. This is not in all CAPS. Hit ENTER on your keyboard ONCE. Type your name. Hit ENTER on your keyboard ONCE. Type Rasmussen College. It should end up looking similar to this:
- 14. Step Thirteen Next, hit ENTER on your keyboard FOUR times. Type Author Note. Hit ENTER once on your keyboard. Now you need to left-align your cursor. Go back up to the top of the page to the PARAGRAPH section and select ALIGN TEXT LEFT.
- 15. Step Fourteen Now, hit TAB on your keyboard once and type something similar to this: This essay is being submitted on March 4, 2014, for Debra Bohlmans B080 Reading and Writing Strategies course.
- 16. Step Fifteen Insert a page break so that you can begin typing your paper on Page Two. Select the Insert tab and then select page break.
- 17. Step Sixteen Double click your cursor at the top of page two to open the header. Select PAGE NUMBER, TOP OF PAGE, and PLAIN NUMBER 1. This inserts your page number in the top-left corner. Type your title in all caps, and then hit the tab button to move your page number 2 to the far right, (1from the edge).
- 18. Step Seventeen This is what pages one and two should look like, at this point:
- 19. Step Eighteen Double click below the header line to exit the header. Hit enter one time and then center align your cursor and type the title of your paper.
- 20. Step Nineteen Select enter and then select left justify to move your cursor to the left. Select the tab button on your keyboard one time and begin typing your paper.
- 21. Step Twenty You have successfully formatted a paper in APA format! It should look like this example.
View more >
Intersections and Roundabouts Design in Civil 3D will we cover today: Autodesk Civil 3D: Create Intersection: Wizard Manually Create Roundabout: Wizard Manually Create Model Files for Deliverables
APA and Plagiarism Connection ... Agenda This workshop will cover plagiarism and advice about avoiding
TESIS - . COVER JUDUL S.D ABSTRAK TESIS.pdfvi MOTTO 1. Akulah apa adanya hari ini, karena pilihanku…
Title: Mapping snow cover using Mapping snow cover using MODIS ... ERDAS Imagine 2010 or higher ... • Create a Normalized Difference Vegetation Index
Healthcare 2015 cover - Knoll ?· Leverage the power of design to create inspiring healthcare ... Operating…
Create your own animation studio - Chamberlain Zoetrope Project Cover Create your own animation studio 2010-02-16Michael A. Chamberlain family
Cover Perlengkapan Kerja - Catatan ?· Jelaskan apa yang dimaksud Peralatan dan ... definisi mengatakan…
Magazine Cover Design in InDesign - State - SUNY - khaynes1/art308/Images/magazine_cover.pdfMagazine Cover Design in InDesign 3 CREATE FRAME AND PLACE COVER PHOTO • Using the Rectangle Frame tool (F), create a frame that goes to the
Cover ringkasan Apa itu Rancangan Tempatan eksekutif ... Melaksanakan program bandar selamat selaras