How to build a great test team
out of 20
Post on 14-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. How to Build a Great Test Team
- 2. Who am I?
- 3. www.osmanit.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4. Its also about community software testers New Zealand Kiwi Workshop on Software Testing www.osmanit.com - email@example.com WeTest Workshops
- 5. Vision Diversity Leadership Get to know them Bringing them together What can you do (how to be an Avenger)?
- 6. Vision noun - the ability to think about or plan the future with imagination or wisdom.
- 7. What is your teams vision? What is your WHY? This is where is starts Mission? Skillset? Tools? How is this communicated? What is your language?
- 8. How do you interview? How do you build your team? What are you after?
- 9. Diversity noun - the condition of having or being composed of differing elements : variety; especially : the inclusion of different types of people in a group or organisation
- 10. What types of testers do you have? What type of skillsets do you have? Gender? Occupational backgrounds Leaders? Extroverts and Introverts
- 11. Leadership noun - the power or ability to lead other people
- 12. Are you Motivating? Inspiring? Fun to be around? Know how to set expectations? Are you a manager or a leader? Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because they want to do it.
- 13. You are good. But it is not enough just to be good. You must be good for somethingyou can and must rise above mediocrity, above indifference. You can become involved and speak with a strong voice for that which is right. Gordon B. Hinckley
- 14. Get to know them
- 15. Stand ups Mentoring sessions and regular catch ups Formal and informal Be interested in your people Correct if need be, then love them Give people the opportunity to *shine* He aha te mea nui o te ao? He Tangata, he tangata, he tangata
- 16. Bringing them together
- 17. Define your vision Bring in the people you need (not just skills) Empower, uplift and motivate Give opportunities to people to succeed If you aint the lead dawg, the view is always the same
- 18. What can you do (how to be an Avenger)?
- 19. How to be an Avenger Seek understanding and knowledgebe proactive Find a mentor(s) Be active in the community Blog Tweet Challenge and be challenged
- 20. Questions?
View more >
Hiring Great People: how we improved our recruiting process to build and grow a great agile team (Scanagile 2016)