how nfps can use facebook and my space
out of 10
Post on 13-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPresented by Jane Zhang, TechSoup Canada, at the 2009 Ontario Trillium Foundation professional development conference
- 1.Presented byJane Zhang TechSoup Canada
- "Messages are more effective if you let people develop the stories themselves, in their own words, using their own experiences.
- Joshua Levy at the Personal Democracy Forum
- Social Networks are online gathering places for people to generate awareness, take action and build relationships.
- Online connection of friends from school, work or social circle
- Sharing of status, photo, videos, websites online
- #1 photo sharing website
- Closed system where you need to befriend someone to join their network.
- Online network of 200 Million Users
- 10.8 Million are in Canada
- Active users doubling every 6 months
- 46% users 14-34
- 74% white
- 45% female
- 58% have household income of 60K +
- Online presence for organizations
- Allow fans to be coming community champions for the organization
- Facebook pages allow user to share contributed multimedia content (videos, photos, notes)
- Insights Application allow fan page administrators to track visitor stats
- Online social network for people with common interests
- Primarily aimed at Youth, allowing them to identify with brands and bands or self-express.
- Open vs closed system.
- 1 in 4 American is on MySpace
- 300,000 people sign up per day
- More than 8 Million bands and artists
View more >