Holocaust Vocabulary. Anti-Semitism Discrimination against or prejudice or hostility toward Jews.
Post on 26-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Holocaust Vocabulary
- Slide 2
- Anti-Semitism Discrimination against or prejudice or hostility toward Jews.
- Slide 3
- Concentration Camp A guarded compound for the detention or imprisonment of aliens, ethnic minorities and political opponents.
- Slide 4
- Death Camp Concentration camp in which the inmates are unlikely to survive or they have been sent to be executed.
- Slide 5
- Genocide The deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political or cultural group.
- Slide 6
- Gestapo German state secret police during the Nazi regime. Know for brutal methods and operations.
- Slide 7
- holocaust A great or complete devastation or destruction.
- Slide 8
- Holocaust The systematic mass slaughter of European Jews in Nazi concentration camps during World War II.
- Slide 9
- Nazi Member of the National Socialist German Workers party of Germany. Seized political control of Germany.
- Slide 10
- Persecution To pursue with harassing or oppressive treatment because of religion, race or beliefs.
- Slide 11
- Propaganda Information, ideas or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement or institution.
- Slide 12
- SS (Schutzstaffel) An elite military unit of the Nazi party that served as Hitlers body guards and as a special police force.
- Slide 13
- Star of David A hexagram used as a symbol of Judaism.
View more >
The Holocaust Ch. 18, Sec 3. Jews persecuted in Europe since mid-1800s with rise of anti-Semitism. – Discrimination, hostility to Jews. After WWI, many.
ANTI-SEMITISM HIST 137 Olivia Lefere. ANTI-SEMITISM Any attitude or actions against Jews based on the belief that Jews are uniquely inferior, evil,
Glossary Terms The Devil’s Arithmetic. anti-Semitism- hostility towards Jews Final Solution- Nazi Plan for the extermination of Jews Holocaust- Systematic.
The Holocaust Beginning of Hate. Roots of Anti- Semitism Discrimination of the Jewish people stems back to biblical times Egyptians used the Jews as slaves.
WHY THE JEWS??? Hatred towards Jews is defined as Anti-Semitism Anti-Semitism was not a new phenomenon in the 1930s & 40s Anti-Semitism has a long history,
History of Anti- Semitism CHC2D. Anti-Semitism Prejudice, hatred and discrimination against Jews Many ways of expressing hatred and rage against Jews.
The Holocaust. The Beginning Stages Vocabulary Anti-Semitism - Prejudices toward Jews or discrimination against them. Genocide - Deliberate, systematic.
The Holocaust. Hitler Moves Against the Jews 1. How many Jews lived in Germany in 1933? 2.Do the Nazis introduce anti-Semitism in Germany? 3.Why start.
Racism, Religion and the Holocaust. Racism, Prejudice and Discrimination? We will be: Examining the nature of racism, the origins of anti-Semitism and.
Is a hostility or the prejudice against Jews, leading to persecution. In Europe a hatred of Jews started thousand of years before a holocaust. Jews endured.
Holocaust Stations STATION 1: ANTI-SEMITISM & blogs.henrico.k12.va.us/jrmslibrary/files/2012/03/Holocaust...Holocaust…