Having your cake, and eating it too! - DDDScotland
Post on 23-Jan-2018
- 1. Having your Cake, and eating it too! Gary Ewan Park Email: email@example.com Twitter: @gep13 Web: http://www.gep13.co.uk
- 2. What is Cake?
- 3. A Definition Cake (C# Make) is a cross platform build automation system with a C# DSL to do things like compiling code, copy files/folders, running unit tests, compress files and build NuGet packages. Reference http://cakebuild.net/
- 4. Typical Build Workflow Clean Build Unit Tests Test Coverage StyleCop FxCop DupFinder InspectCode Package Publish Package Restore
- 5. How does Cake work? build.cake cake.exe #tool #addin #reference #load Roslyn or Mono nupkg Exe Msi Tests Anything you can think of Arguments Configuration
- 6. What Tools am I able to use with Cake? Chocolatey DNU DotCover DupFinder Fixie GitLink GitReleaseManager GitReleaseNotes GitVersion ILMerge ILRepack InspectCode MSBuild MSTest NSIS NUnit OctopusDeploy OpenCover ReportGenerator ReportUnit Roundhouse SignTool SpecFlow TextTransform WiX XBuild XUnit IIS Xamarin PowerShell Gitter Kudu CMake TopShelf Yaml Docker Gulp S3 FluentMigrator EC2 XCode Json VsCode WebDeploy CloudFront ReSharperReports ElasticLoadBalancing DocFx Wyam StyleCop StrongNameTool Orchard XdtTransform Npm Slack
- 7. Okay, but why do I need it?
- 8. What are the main philosophies of Cake? Non intrusive It should just work Be highly configurable No binaries should be checked into your repository Easy to implement your own tools Build should behave the same way regardless of Operating System Environment
- 9. We build Cake with Cake on 8 different CI Servers 3 different operating systems
- 10. Cant I just use MAKEFAKECMakeMSBuildNAntPsakeBau?
- 11. Lets bake some Cake! Clean Build Unit Tests Test Coverage StyleCop FxCop DupFinder InspectCode Package Publish Package Restore
- 12. Source Code http://gep13.me/CakeDemos
- 13. Demos
- 14. Questions? Feel free to get in touch Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @gep13 Web: http://www.gep13.co.uk
- 15. Resources Cake Documentation o http://cakebuild.net/docs MS Dev Show Podcast Episode o http://msdevshow.com/2016/04/cakebuild-with-mattias-karlsson-and-gary-ewan-park/ Motz Codes Live: Continuous Integration for Libraries with Jon Dick aka Redth o https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0gWjHhJ3IU Source Code o https://github.com/cake-build/cake Blog Posts o Moving to Cake (C# Make) Laurent Kempe http://laurentkempe.com/2016/04/05/Moving-to-Cake-CSharp-Make/
View more >
Having Your Cake and Eating It, Too - Doing More with Your Cake and Eating It, Too - Doing More with Less with IBM's z10 BC THE CLIPPER GROUPNavigator TM Navigating Information Technology Horizons SM SM Having Your Cake and Eating It, Too — Doing More with ...
Having Your Cake and Eating it too! Reconstructing ... ?· Geant4 scintillation simulation (not using…
On having your cake and eating it too: Econometric problems in estimating the demand for health services
Having Our Cake and Eating it Too - Home | The National ... /media/Files/Activity...• (*) “Decoding…
On Having Cake and Eating It: A Review of Jeremy Webber's ... ?· On Having Cake and Eating It: A Review…
Having Your Cake and Eating it Too: A Recipe for a Collaborative CWIS in a Decentralized Environment (166175513)