harry potter and the deathy hallows promotional campaign
of 10 /10
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 The Marketing Campaign
- 2. The Elements Teaser Posters Teaser Trailer The main poster The full trailer The TV advertisement Publicity
- 3. Character Teaser Posters All three characters have their faces only half lit whilst partly in the shadows, this can represent the darkness that this film inevitably entails, however, the tag line the end begins here is made to intrigue the audience as to what will actually happen, especially as very little is given away by the poster itself.
- 4. Other Teaser Posters All 3 posters have separate tag lines which can intrigue the audience as it suggests many different problems and scenarios occur throughout the film making it more interesting and gripping. The most eye-catching being the first one, where Hogwarts, an iconic setting of the series, is shown to be being destroyed.
- 5. Teaser Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haScxQMg -Mk The teaser trailer doesnt give too much away of the film, it only shows some highlights of the amount of action and intensity involved. The theme of fantasy and magic is heavily involved with special effect scenes of Hogwarts being attacked against and Harry defending himself as to emphasise what the whole film will entail and draw in a wider audience.
- 6. Main Poster The main poster shows all three main characters in a freeze frame shot running from something. This, like the teaser trailer, emphasises the amount of action the film will entail. It also reveals at the bottom it is only Part 1 of the epic finale where The End Begins therefore reassuring that there will be a final Harry Potter.
- 7. The Full Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EC2t mFVNNE The full, official trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 was released in September 2010 , 3 months before the release date of the actual film in November 2010. It shows the idea of good vs evil through various scenes between Voldemort and Harry. The action and magic themes are more heavily shown in the full trailer than in the teaser.
- 8. The TV Advertisement http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh0 4J8GNs1U The TV spot is similar to the teaser trailer in the sense that it does not show a lot of the film but shows enough for the public to realise it is a fantasy/action film. Releasing a trailer onto the TV however gives the film more publicity as with the trailer, you would have to search for it .
- 9. Publicity The premiere is always full of magazine editors and bloggers which interview the characters and then post them on their websites/social networking sites. Premieres are also spoken about publicly on the news etc. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was opened in Florida, Orlando as a theme/merchandising park. It sells the iconic sweets and butter beer of the film, the wands and scarves etc.
- 10. Merchandise