Guided Reading: Chapter 7, section 2 - “Revolution · Guided Reading: Chapter 7, section 2 - “Revolution…
Post on 31-Aug-2018
Embed Size (px)
Guided Reading: Chapter 7, section 2 - Revolution Brings Reform and Terror
Directions: Read the questions below, then read the section in the textbook. As you read the
section, respond to the questions below.
1. Definitions of terms.
a. Legislative Assembly:
f. Maximilien Robespierre:
g. Georges Danton:
h. Olympe de Gouges:
i. Reign of Terror:
2. Notes: Create a timeline of the major events that follow the creation of the Constitution in
1791 Creation of the Constitution
3. What major reforms did the National Assembly introduce?
4. How did the differences of opinion on how to handle such issues as food shortages and debt
affect the Legislative Assembly?
5. What did the September Massacres show about the mood of the people?
6. What caues led to Robespierre becoming a dictator?
7. How did Robespierre justify the use of terror?
8. How did the slogan Liberty, Equality, Fraternity sum up the goals of the revolution?
9. What similarities and differences do you see between the political factions in the Legislative
Assembly and those in the U.S. government today?