group members: usman shahzad ranjha waleed manzoor
out of 16
Post on 16-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- GROUP MEMBERS: USMAN SHAHZAD RANJHA WALEED MANZOOR
- Slide 2
- What is "Revive a Sunnah"? Bringing back the forgotten Sunnahs Pointing out the mistakes Making a good Muslim society Sharing the knowledge
- Slide 3
- Why "Reviving a Sunnah is important? This question can be answered from two sources: o Qur'an o Sunnah
- Slide 4
- Why "Reviving a Sunnah is important? Allah ('azza wa jall) says in the Qur'an: 1. "Help you one another in Al-Birr and At-Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allh. Verily, Allh is Severe in punishment." [5:2] 2. "Say (O Muhammad (peace be upon him) to mankind): "If you (really) love Allh then follow me (i.e. accept Islmic Monotheism, follow the Qur'n and the Sunnah), Allh will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [3:31]
- Slide 5
- Why "Reviving a Sunnah is important? the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said: "Whoever revives an aspect of my Sunnah that is forgotten after my death, he will have a reward equivalent to that of the people who follow him, without it detracting in the least from their reward. (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 7/443; this is a hasan hadth because of corroborating asnd).
- Slide 6
- Reviving of Sunnah on campus Ethics in a Social gathering: o Between two individuals o In friends group o In class etc,
- Slide 7
- Salam(greetings) "As Salaamu Alaykoum wa Rahmatullahi wa Baraktuhu"; This is the most beautiful greeting a person can greet you with. stay away from using the likes of "Hi", "Hello. for the most part, our "salaams" only extend to those we know. we should spread "salaams" to all Muslims
- Slide 8
- Salam(greetings) From the Ahadith: 1. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "By Him in Whose Hand is my life! You will not enter Jannah until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I inform you of something which, if you do, you will love one another? Promote greetings amongst yourselves.'' [Muslim]. 2. `Abdullah bin Salam (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "O people, exchange greetings of peace (i.e., say: As-Salamu `Alaikum to one another), feed people, strengthen the ties of kinship, and be in prayer when others are asleep, you will enter Jannah in peace.'' [At-Tirmidhi].
- Slide 9
- Discussion The topic of the discussion From the Ahadith: 1. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Whoever sits in a gathering and indulges in useless talk and before getting up supplicates: `Subhanaka Allahumma wa bihamdika, ash-hadu an la ilaha illa Anta, astaghfiruka wa atubu ilaika (O Allah, You are free from every imperfection; praise be to You. I testify that there is no true god except You; I ask Your Pardon and turn to You in repentance),' he will be forgiven for (the sins he may have intentionally or unintentionally committed) in that assembly.'' [At-Tirmidhi]. 2. Abu Barzah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Towards the end of his life, Messenger of Allah (PBUH) would supplicate before leaving an assembly thus: "Subhanaka Allahumma wa bihamdika, ash-hadu an la ilaha illa Anta, astaghfiruka wa atubu ilaika (O Allah, You are free from every imperfection; all praise is for You. I testify that there is no true god except You, I ask Your forgiveness and turn to You in repentance).'' A man once said to him: "O Messenger of Allah! You have spoken such words as you have never uttered before.'' He said, "It is an expiation of that which goes on in the assembly.'' [Abu Dawud].
- Slide 10
- Whispering in a gathering It is a great sin to hurt our fellow Muslim brothers/sisters physically, verbally, or psychologically.
- Slide 11
- Whispering in a gathering From the Ahadith: 1. Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) said: the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "In the presence of three people, two should not hold secret counsel, to the exclusion of the third.' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim] 2. Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "When three of you are together, two of you must not converse privately ignoring the third till the number increases, lest the third should be grieved.' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim] In Abu Dawud, Abu Salih related: I asked Ibn `Umar: "What if there are four people.'' He said, "There is no harm in that.''
- Slide 12
- covering up your brothers/sisters sins. We run to others and tell what our brother/sister did. From the Ahadith: Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "A Muslim is a brother of (another) Muslim, he neither wrongs him nor does hand him over to one who does him wrong. If anyone fulfills his brother's needs, Allah will fulfill his needs; if one relieves a Muslim of his troubles, Allah will relieve his troubles on the Day of Resurrection; and if anyone covers up a Muslim (his sins), Allah will cover him up (his sins) on the Resurrection Day". [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
- Slide 13
- The seating In class lecture In friends gathering
- Slide 14
- The seating From the Ahadith: Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "If someone leaves his seat (for one reason or another) and returns to it, he is better entitled to it.'' [Muslim].
- Slide 15
- Be Careful!
- Slide 16
- There is nothing which is heavier upon the scales than the good character
View more >