great wall of china. the burial chamber terracotta warriors in 1974, farmers digging in a field near...
out of 12
Post on 16-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Great Wall of China
- Slide 2
- The Burial Chamber
- Slide 3
- Terracotta Warriors In 1974, farmers digging in a field near the ancient city of Xian encountered a long-forgotten pit. Archaeologists found 8000 life-sized terracotta warriors. Dressed in full battle gear, the warrior had been standing in place for more than 2000 years. They were guarding the body of Qin Shi Huang, Chinas first emperor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs UE-ZtcUFg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs UE-ZtcUFg
- Slide 4
- The Burial Chamber It took 70,000 workers 38 years to construct the burial site. The chamber contained: bronze chariots a pearl-studded ceiling that looked like a star-studded sky the remains of a glistening river of mercury that once ran through the chamber.
- Slide 5
- Up Close and Personal - the facial features of every one of the 8000 warriors are different.
- Slide 6
- Qin Shi Juang, Uniting China, and Reforms Who was Qin Shi Huang? How did he unite China? What were his reforms?
- Slide 7
- The First Great Wall Why was it built? What purpose did it serve? Where was it built? How was it built?
- Slide 8
- The Ming Wall What important building feature did the Ming Dynasty use for building the additional wall? Explain the engineering process. How did they beautify the existing wall?
- Slide 9
- The Manchu Dynasty Who were the Manchu? What special services are the Mongols responsible for developing? Who replaced the Qing Dynasty?
- Slide 10
- Discussion Questions What does the building of the Great Wall tell us about Chinese history and culture? How important is it that the Great Wall of China has survived through the centuries and remains standing today? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTY7y J7JWFU&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTY7y J7JWFU&feature=related
- Slide 11
- What does the building of the Great Wall tell us about Chinese history and culture? What does the building of the Great Wall tell us about Chinese history and culture? How important is it that the Great Wall of China has survived through the centuries and remains standing today? How important is it that the Great Wall of China has survived through the centuries and remains standing today? The building of the Great Wall tells us that: - China had hostile relations with its neighbours, particularly the Mongols to the north. - the military played an important role in Chinese society - ancient Chinese culture had advanced engineering technology - the Chinese valued beauty and decoration It is very important because the wall contains a great deal of information about the history of China. The walls architectural grandeur and historical purpose are important symbols of Chinas past.
- Slide 12
- The Wall Today
View more >
TIBET da XINING con il treno Qinghai-Tibet XIAN visite (Esercito di Terracotta e Tombe Imperiali, Sorgenti…
The Terracotta Warriors. The Terracotta Warriors were first discovered in 1974 in Xian, Shaanxi Province by locals while digging a water well 1.5 miles
MAJAPAHIT TERRACOTTA FIGURINES: SOCIAL research- ?· MAJAPAHIT TERRACOTTA FIGURINES: SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT…