google+ traffic falls but should you still be there? - social media marketing
out of 21
Post on 22-Apr-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONhttp://www.smmulive.com/register - Google+ Traffic Falls But Should You Still Be There? - Social Media Marketing, Use Social Media, Social Media,Social Media Strategy
- 1. Google+ Traffic Falls: But Should You Still Be There?
- 2. The recent public launch of Google+ was enough to secure their future as an up and coming social network online or was it? In the weeks sincethe launch, something terribly familiar is happeningpeople arent going back.
- 3. Like Google Buzz or Google Wave,Google+ might not be successful after all. There has been a 60% fall in activity since the launch and this bodes badly for Google.
- 4. But Google+ still has a respectful 43 million users, so is it worth using?
- 5. The Life and Times of Google+
- 6. One of the first things we noticedabout Google+ was that it attracted lots of tech-people and businessinfluencers. The kind of people thattend to be progressive and embrace new technology.
- 7. We also noticed that conversations and comments tended to be a lot longer on the platform, than onFacebook. This may have been due to Facebooks character limit on their updates.
- 8. Now Facebook has upped their character limit from 500 to 5000 which essentially destroys that uniquefeature on Google+. It seems at everyturn, Facebook has been able to comeback with updates and fixes that have blown Google out of the water.
- 9. But Google+ is still ticking along, with ahost of new features coming out soon, like the much anticipated business pages. Perhaps this will attract more online users, and their numbers will start to climb again.
- 10. One thing is becoming bracingly clear. Google+ has not been the runawaysuccess that tech-lovers predicted. All the hype, secrecy and beta-phasetesting in the world, could not combat the kind of innovations being produced by the Facebook team. So the question remains should you bother being on Google+?
- 11. Facing The Music: The Google+ Dilemma
- 12. Honestly at this stage, its hard to say.For business-minded people that wantto connect with influencers, its a nice platform. For the average, everyday user it may not be as valuable.
- 13. And thats why the influencers arethere in the first place. Google+ cant be successful without a mainstreammarket. Its behaving more like a really powerful LinkedIn group at the moment.
- 14. Bottom line is that it lacks the addictive-ness of Facebook, the marketplace, functionality andconnectivity of Facebook and is living in the shadow of an established giant that will not be supplanted.
- 15. Google+ does not give users acompelling reason to stay. They check it out, muck around, and then headback to Facebook. Its been blindsided by the incredible Facebook team.
- 16. At the end of the day, its up to you todecide whether Google+ will be worthusing. Yes, you can establish a business presence there without the business page functionality, but even that seems forced. Why not spend moretime on your Facebook business page, where you know you can get good returns?
- 17. Even business people know that timespent on any social network is money. Either youre earning it, or youre losing it. All we can say is, good luckGoogle+, youre going to need it in the coming days ahead.
- 18. Social Media Marketing University(SMMU) is the creation of John Paul Souza, a serial entrepreneur whos held senior managerial positions at Banc America Capital ManagementGroup and JP Morgan Chase. Serving marketing professionals,
- 19. entrepreneurs and corporations,SMMU differentiates itself by offering hands-on training from hands-onexperts who are actively applying their skills on real-world projects.
- 20. SMMU was recently honored as one of the top 5 finalists by the leading blog site, Mashable, as one of the top provider of social media services for businesses. The firm has earned the title of "most trusted social media firm" with over 900 unsolicited testimonials.
- 21. For more information about socialmedia webinars and social media online courses, please visithttp://www.socialmediamarketinguniversity.com
View more >
The National Falls Programme - QI national falls programme... · The National Falls Programme Orthopaedic…
Peek-a-Boo, I Still See You: Why Efficient Traffic ... ?· Why Efﬁcient Trafﬁc Analysis Countermeasures…
Niagara falls. Map Niagara falls : Niagara Falls are a group of three waterfalls (The Horseshoe Falls, The American Falls and The Bridal Veil Falls)
SCHOOL DISTRICT OF MENOMONEE FALLS Menomonee Falls ... ?· SCHOOL DISTRICT OF MENOMONEE FALLS Menomonee…
Zodiac Aerospace H1 2013/2014 Results presentation ?· Traffic is still increasing Air traffic increased…
IEEE traffic environment - cs.odu.edu cs752/papers/home-002.pdfآ Multinet is still centralized since
More road safety using a frontal brake light - fevr.org ?· Starting point: Still more traffic safety…
Gait, freezing, postural instability and FALLS ?· Gait, freezing, postural instability and FALLS Falls…
CONSTITUTION - Murray State University Governing... · individual’s GPA still falls below ... Treasurer,…
Traffic Characteristics Data traffic Voice traffic video traffic Delay Constraints Multimedia Traffic