google apps for nonprofits
Post on 19-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONA general overview of what Google can do for your nonprofit.
- 1. Google Apps for Nonprofits by Trish Perkins VISTA volunteer @ FaithAction International House
2. 3. 4. Product
- Why Google Apps for Education?
- Registered non-profits with current 501(c)(3) status in the U.S. now qualify for Google Apps Nonprofit Edition.
- To get started, just complete the Nonprofit Edition sign-up form( http://www.google.com/a/cpanel/education/new ).
- We'll verify your 501(c)(3) status using your 9-digit Employee ID Number, and contact you about the status of your Edition upgrade via email.
- What if I already have a Google Apps account?
- If you already have a Google Apps account and you have 501(c)(3) status, you can request an upgrade to the Nonprofit/Education Edition.
5. http://www.google.com/a/cpanel/education/new Signing up is easy... 6. www.google.com/nonprofits 7. 8. Product
- Base Offering Includes:
- 7+GB inbox quota
- No ads for students
- Web-based standard support
- Potential for lifetime account
- Mobile device functionality
- Multi-platform support
- Customizable logo and colors
- No cost from Google, but costs staff labor and based on UNCGs choices for implementation, cost for servers
- Gmail offering includes:
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption
- Redundant storage at multiple sites
- UNCG control of authentication and account creation
- HIPAA, FERPA and Sensitive Data
- Student-user could suppress FERPA directory information, as now
- Send email directing students to a secure alternative for sensitive data
10. ... and a short demo! 11. Features Google Sites...Simple web sites for Internal Communications 12. 13. Nonprofit Perks Other Google Services 14. http://www.google.com/analytics/tour.html 15. http://www.google.com/grants/ 16. http://checkout.google.com/seller/npo/index.html 17. For Much, Much MoreCheck out the GoogleApps Channel on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/GoogleApps#play/playlists Notes from the NTEN conference, 2008 http://blog.civicrm.org/node/315 Google Apps for Nonprofits Page http://www.google.com/nonprofits 18. Thanks! To Donna Newton of the Consortium: She Inspires! To Todd Sutton at UNCG for some of the slides VISTA for widening horizons and the opportunity to serve