global risk forum - grf davos
out of 10
Post on 01-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Global Risk Forum GRF Davos
- 2. Structure
- 3. 3 Pillars
- Risk Academy
- Knowledge sharing, know-how transfer and education
- (e.g. courses, simulations, games, lectures, research).
- IDRC Conferences and Workshops
- International meetings with an integral risk management approach (biennal conference in Davos and regional conferences in between).
- Platform for Networks
- On-line forum where risk and disaster experts exchange knowledge and ideas.
- 4. Mission and goals GRF Motto From Thoughts to Action by closely linking practice, science, policy and decision making in the search for sustainable solutions. Through its 3 pillars, GRF Davos aims at reducing vulnerability for all types of risks and disasters to protect life, property, environment, critical infrastructure and all means of business for the worldwide community on a sustainable basis.
- 5. Mission and goals
- The main goals of GRF Davos are:
- To bridge the gap between science and practice
- To promote the worldwide exchange of know-how and experience
- To target solutions and promote good practice in integral risk
- management and climate change adaptation
- To provide and manage a network for decision-makers,
- practitioners and experts
- 6. IDRC Davos
- Around 1200 participants from over 90 countries
- 13 plenary sessions
- 99 normal and invited sessions
- 102 speakers
- 1 special evening focused on Central Asian States
- Compensation of CO 2 emissions
- 7. IDRC Davos 30 May - 3 June 2010 Davos Congress Centre Switzerland IDRC Davos 2010 The conference will continue the dialogue between the different risk areas and their stakeholders, but also serve as a bridge between science, risk governance, technology perspectives, problem solving and capacity building ! More information coming soon!
- 8. 100 Ideas for Action Joint publication with UN-ISDR as an outcome of the IDRC Davos 2008 ! Exclusive release of the 100 Ideas for Action brochure at the 2009 Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction. 100 measures / project ideas to reduce disaster risk, to promote disaster prevention and to increase resilience.
- 9. 100 Ideas for Action The topics covered by the 100 Ideas for Action are:
- 10. Contact us Web: www.grforum.org Email: email@example.com Sign up for our newsletter at our exhibition booth!!!
View more >