geoffrey chaucer "the father of english literature"
out of 10
Post on 26-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONBiography and Works of Geoffrey Chaucer.
- 1. The Father of English Literature Diego Urra Daz, Pedagoga en Ingls, Universidad Pedro de Valdivia.
- 2. Biography Called The Father of The English Literature. Author of The Canterbury Tales
- 3. Biography Birth: Circa 1340. Death: October 25, 1400. Son of a prosperous wine merchant .
- 4. Biography 1357: Chaucer became a public servant to Countess Elizabeth of Ulster 1359 1360: Went to France to fight in the 100 years war, where he was captured for ransom. The King Edward III paid his ransom. Hes sent for several missions to France, Spain and Italy.
- 5. Biography 1366: He get married Philippa Roet Philippa Roet: lady-in-waiting in the queens household, daughter of Sir Payne Roet, and a sister of Katherine Swynford, the future third wife of John of Gaunt. ) 20 June 1367: King Edward III had made Chaucer one of his esquires
- 6. Biography 1380s: Chaucer was appointed a justice of the peace for Kent. August 1386: He became knight of the shire for Kent. 1387: Philippa, Chaucer's wife, is presumed to have died. In 1400: Chaucer disappears from the historical record, and is thought to have died soon after. He was buried in Westminster Abbey.
- 7. Works Circa 1387: Parlement of Foules 1370: was published the first work of Chaucer The Book of the Duchess In the mid-1380s: Troilus and Crysseide
- 8. Canterbury Tales Its Chaucer's magnum opus. Written at the end of the 14th century The tales are part of a story-telling contest by a group of pilgrims as they travel to the shrine of Saint Thomas Becket at Canterbury Cathedral.
- 9. Poets Corner W e s t m i n s t e r A b b e y
- 10. THE END http://www.poemhunter.com/geoffrey-chaucer/biography/ http://www.online-literature.com/chaucer/ http://www.biography.com/people/geoffrey-chaucer-9245691#death- &awesm=~oATjyTs4WIhc1q http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/chaucer_geoffrey.shtml http://www.allreadable.com/vid/geoffery-chaucer-the-founder-of-our-language- 268137.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Canterbury_Tales http://www.gradesaver.com/the-canterbury-tales/study-guide/short-summary/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poets'_Corner Sources:
View more >