Gender and Management: Issues & Challenges ?· Gender and Management: Issues & Challenges ... Assessment…
Post on 07-Jul-2018
Embed Size (px)
University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, Europe
Gender and Management: Issues & Challenges
5-6, January 2017 Venue:
Convention Centre (Crystal Hall), Hotel Mayfair, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
DAY 1, THURSDAY (5 JANUARY, 2017)
10.00 AM -
Welcome Address and Introduction of the
Conference Theme : Dr. P. Nayak, Director, BIMTECH, Bhubaneswar
Opening Remarks : Dr. R.K. Mishra, Director, IPE, Hyderabad.
Chief Guest : Dr. Sarat Kumar Acharya, CMD, NLC India Ltd.
Guest of Honour : Dr. Shyam S. Lodha, Professor and Chairman, Dept. of Marketing, Southern
Connecticut State University, USA.
Keynote : Dr. Rado Bohinc, Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana,
Vote of Thanks : Dr. B.K. Das, Advisor, BGU
11.45AM Tea break
Technical Session- I: Role of Women on Board
Chair: Dr. Rajendra Prasad Das, Vice-Chancellor, Berhampur University, Odisha
Dr. Aleksandra Kanjuo Mrela, Professor of Sociology, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, Europe.
Dr. Radhe Shayam Pradhan, Professor, Central Department of Management, Tribhuvan University, Nepal.
Mr. Satya Narayana Sahu, Joint Secretary, Rajya Sabha, Government of India. Paper Presentations: 1) Boardroom Success for Women: Issues and Challenges in Corporate Governance, Author: CA. Vijaya Batth and Dr. Pushpalata Mahapatra, Sri Sri University, Bidyadharpur, Cuttack
2) Diversity and Board Effectiveness: A Case of India Author: J. Kiranmai, Assistant Professor and Prof. R. K. Mishra, Director, Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad.
3) The Indian Context of Gender Perspectives and Roles: The Changing dimensions Author: Ms.Nidhi Shukla, XISS, Ranchi, Dr. Saumya Singh, Department of Management Studies, Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
4) Women Leadership, Gender Bias and Decision Making in India. Author: Dr. Sudhakar Patra, Berhampur University, Ganjam, Odisha.
5) Glass ceiling has just been cracked not broken: a story of women in Indian society: from guardians of traditionalism to corporate facilitators. Author: V Shweta Chandrika, Dept. of PM&IR, Utkal University.
Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad
2.30 PM -
Technical Session- II: Gender Impact on Managerial Effectiveness
Chair: Dr. I.V. Trivedi, Former Vice-Chancellor, Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur. Keynote Speakers:
Mr. Rajeev Bhadauria, Director Group HR, Jindal Steel & Power Limited, New Delhi.
Dr. Soumi Rai, Associate Professor, National Institute of Construction Management & Research, Pune.
1) Gender Equality and Sustainable Development. Author: Dr. C.Vijaya, MICM, Bhubaneswar.
2) Gender Disposition and Sales as a Career: A Study On Factors Restricting Female Students in Selecting Marketing Specialization in a Business School. Author: Dr. Sandeep Kumar Mohanty, Abhijith B. Sarat, Sandip Mohapatra & Surya Prakash Sahu, BIMTECH, Bhubaneswar.
3) Is Gender Relevant in Management?. Author: Mr.Rashmi Ranjan Parida, School of Management, Centurion University of Technology & Management.
4) Gender Differences and Personality Traits:A Study of Management Students. Author: Bala Subramanian R and Dr. Archana Choudhary, BIMTECH, Bhubaneswar.
5) Gender Differences in Occupational Stress among Bank Employees. Author: Dr. Prangya Paramita Priyadarshini Das, Ms.Nirupama Behera, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack.
6) Knowledge Management and Secure Work Environment: A Case of Information Technology Based Organizations Author: Chittaranjan Moharana, Research Scholar, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack and Dr. Manas Kumar Pal, Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
4.15PM Tea break
4.15 PM -
Panel Discussion Gender and Management: Issues & Challenges
Chair Dr. G. C. Patro (Retd.), Former Professor and Head, Dept. of IR & PM, Berhampur University.
Expert Panel Members:
Dr. Shyam S. Lodha, Professor and Chairman, Dept. of Marketing, Southern Connecticut State University, USA.
Mr. P.C. Panigrahi, Advisor, NLC India Limited.
Mr. Dillip Satapathy, Senior Journalist & Resident Editor, Business Standard.
Dr. Santosh Tripathy, Professor and Head, Dept. of PM & IR, Utkal University.
Mr. A.N. Verma, General Manager (HR), NTPC.
Ms. Bobby Patnaik, Manager Employee Relations, Infosys.
Mr. Abhilash Mohanty, ADM, Google, Dublin, Ireland.
DAY 2, FRIDAY (6 JANUARY, 2017)
Technical Session -III : Gender & Productivity
Chair: Dr. Ram Kumar Mishra, Director, Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad.
Mr. Jyotirmoy Bhattacharya, Country Group Head (HR), Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Service Limited.
Mr. Rajdeep Mohanty, Senior Vice President, EMIL, Aditya Birla Group.
Dr. P. Nayak, Director, BIMTECH, Bhubaneswar.
Paper Presentations: 1) Gender Gap in Manufacturing Industries: A Study of Select Industries in Neemrana, Rajasthan. Author: Dr. A.K. Saini, Professor, University School of Management Studies (USMS) , Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha
University, New Delhi, and Rekha Mishra, Assistant Professor, Alabbar School of Management, Raffles University, Rajasthan, India.
2) Assessing The Effect Of Gender On Loyalty And Relationship Quality Toward E-Tailers. Author: Dr Ajitabh Dash, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavans Usha & Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management, New Delhi.
3) De-gendering of Genderlect: A Case of Higher Educational Institutions in Odisha. Author: Prof. Prajna Pani, School of Management, Centurion University of Technology and Management, Odisha, India, Dr. Anubha Ray, BIMTECH, BBSR.
4) An Overview Of Job Roles And Challenges In Nursing Profession. Author: Ms. Vidya Pujari, Prof. Suchitra Pal, Xavier University, Bhubaneswar.
5) Resiliency in Women: A Positive Strategy to Manage Work Adversity. Author: Dr. Kalpana Sahoo, Xavier University, Bhubaneswar, Dr.Pratima Sarangi, Sri Sri University.
6) Womens Unpaid Work and Productivity in India: Focus on Odisha. Author: Meenakshi Bose, Doctoral Scholar, Centurion University, Bhubaneswar.
7) Problems Of Women Employees Working In Private Business Enterprises: A Case Study. Author: Dr. Kishore Kumar Das, Dean, School of commerce and Management studies and Controller of Examinations and Swetapadma Dash, Research scholar, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack.
8) Impact Of Gender On Consumer Buying Behavior In Retail. Author: Dr. Manas Kumar Pal, Hashreet Dhillon, Rohit Narang, BIMTECH Bhubaneswar.
9) Work Life Balance: Perception and Perspective of Gender in B- Schools in Delhi NCR. Author: Dr. Parameswar Nayak, Director BIMTECH, Bhubaneswar and Neeti Sharma, Research scholar, MLSU, Udaipur, Rajasthan.
11.45AM Tea break
11.45 AM -
Technical Session- IV : Women Entrepreneurship : Issues & Challenges
Chair: Dr. Ashok Kumar Panda, Senior Journalist and General Manager, Sanmarg.
Dr. B.Srinivas(IPS), Executive Director (Security), NTPC.
Mr. Rajen Padhi, Director General, The Utkal Chamber of Commerce & Industry Limited, Bhubaneswar.
Prof. Payal Kumar, Independent Scholar. Paper Presentations: 1) One Tambon One Product Community Development Program and Women Entrepreneurship Development in Thailand. Author: Dr. Jyotirmayee Acharya, Faculty of Management Studies, Sri Sri University.
2) A study on womens empowerment through self-help groups in Koraput district of Odisha. Author: Mr. Mahendra Kumar Nayak, National Youth Awardee, MoYAS, Govt. of India.
3) Entrepreneurship and Managerial Role of Women in MSMEs in India. Author: Dr. Kabita Kumari Sahu, North Orissa University, Baripada, India.
4) Women entrepreneurship and Innovation in E-com: An Exploratory Study. Author: Dr. Kishore KumarDas,Dean, School of Commerce, COE & Former Registrar, Ravenshaw University and Sanju Kumari Dhancholia, Research Scholar, Department of Commerce, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack.
5) Women Entrepreneurs in Khurdha District of Odisha : An Empirical Analysis Author: Abhijit Mohanty, Ph.D. Scholar, Department of Business Administration, Utkal University.
6) Expanding Role Of Women Entrepreneurs In The 21st Century With Special Reference To Women Entrepreneurship In India. Author: Dr. Namita Rath, Faculty, Management Studies, Sri Sri University and Prof. Sujata Rath, Faculty, Amity Global Business School.
7) Antecedents and Consequences of work family interface. Author: Saiyada Ghzalah Sahin, Prof. Suchitra Pal, Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB).
8) Role of CSR in empowerment of Women. Author: Dr Amalanathan, Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME), Kochi, Dr. Naseer M. Jaffer, Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME), Bangalore.
9) Training Issues Of Women Entrepreneurs: A Study of SMEs in Haryana. Author: Samta Chaudhary, Dr. Dalbir Singh, Haryana School of Business, Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar, Harayana,India.
10) Micro Finance a boon for women in India: Analysis. Author: Ms. Monika Kumari Bothra, Womens Studies Department, Barkatullah University, Bhopal.
11) Assessment of factors affecting the performance of women entrepreneurs in MSE in Polosara district of Ganjam, Odisha. Author: Mr. Satyajit Roy, Mrs. Priyanka Tripathy, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack.
Technical Session- V: Women at Workplace
Chair: Dr. Nar Bahadur Bista, Principal/Managing Director, Uniglobe College, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Mr. Parthasarthi Mishra, CHRM, Tata Steel Kalinga Nagar and Gopalpur Project, Odisha.
Mr. S.N. Panigrahi, AGM (HR), NTPC.
Dr. Vikas Singh, Director (Academics), Amity University.
1) Balancing Work and Life: A Study of Its Implications for Women Employees in Utkal Alumina International Ltd. of Ryagada District. Author: Dr. Padmalaya Mahapatra , Ms. Rashmi Rekha Das, Utkal University, Bhubaneswer, Odisha.
2) Role of communication in improving gender equality in workplace. Author: Dr.Swayam Prabha Satpathy, SOA University, Bhubaneswar.
3) Work and the Moral Woman: Transactions between Home Economics and Professionalism within the Archaeology of Power (A Research on Women Professionals in the Service Sector). Author: Dr. Sujata Mukhopadhyay, Dept. of Journalism and Mass Communication, HMM College For Women, Dakshineswar.
4) Work-life balance issues of women bank employees in Bhubaneswar region: a study in the public sector banks. Author: V Shweta Chandrika, Dept. of PM & IR, Utkal University, Odisha.
5) A Study on Employee Engagement to Enhance and Enrich Life of Female Employees of Sukinda Chromite Mines, Tata Steel Ltd. Author: Ms. Swetalina Jena, ASBM Institute of Professional Studies, Bhubaneswar, Mrs. Sipra Karmakar, Centurion University, Bhubaneswar.
6) Human Resource Management Practices and Gender Inequality at Workplace: Conceptual Model and Empirical Validation. Author: Nazia Zabin Memon, Research Scholar, Dept. of Business Administration, Sambalpur University.
7) Perceptual Differences for Determinants of Mall Management Across Genders in India. Author: Dr Prakash Chandra Dash, Assistant Professor, Asian School of Business Management, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
8) Gender and Management: issues, challenges and possible solutions. Author: Krishnendu Sikdar, MA and Jas Kiran Kaur, MA, University Of Delhi (Department Of English).
9) Internal branding through OCTAPACE culture: A perspective of Employees Demographic Profile. Author: Mr. N V Jagadeesh Kumar T, Ms. Alisha Samantray, Ms. Alisha Mohapatra Student, BIMTECH and Dr. Snigdha Mohapatra, Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar.
10) Women entrepreneurship: A way to economic empowerment and efficiency. Author: Dr. Pallavi Kumari, The ICFAI University, Jharkhand and Dr. Archana Choudhary, BIMTECH, Bhubaneswar.
11) A Bibliographic Review of Research on Women in the Arab Middle East Work Context: the importance of Context. Author: Prof. Valerie Lindsay, American University of Sharjah and Dr Payyazhi Jayashree, University of Wallong, Dubai.
4.15 PM -
4.30PM Tea break
4.30 PM -
Chief Guest: Shri Ramesh Mahapatra, President, Utkal Chamber of Commerce & Industry Limited, Bhubaneswar.
Dr. Rado Bohinc, Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana, Europe.
Dr. R.K. Mishra, Director, IPE, Hyderabad.
Dr. P.Nayak, Director, BIMTECH, Bhubaneswar.
Chief Rapporteurs Report of the Conference: Dr. Anubha Ray and Dr. J. Kiranmai, Conference Conveners.
Vote of Thanks: Dr. Archana Choudhary, Conference Convener.
For any query or support, please contact : Dr. P Nayak, Conference Chairperson: Mob. 9560548899; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Anubha Ray (Convener): Mob- 8895710008, Email: email@example.com Dr. Archana Choudhary (Convener): Mob- 9437920618, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Birla Global University IDCO Plot No. 2, Institutional Area, Gothapatna
Bhubaneswar 751029, Odisha, India Tel: 0674 7103001-10, Fax: 0674 7103002, Website: www.bgu.ac.inhttp://www.bgu.ac.in/