Future Storyworlds: Presentation to ARGfest 2012 in Toronto
Post on 21-Aug-2014
DESCRIPTIONA look into the future when all entertainment is pervasive and storyworlds persistent.
- Future Storyworlds: Building aPervasive Entertainment Platform ARGFest 2012 Toronto 27th Jul 2012 Robert Pratten CEO & Founder, Transmedia Storyteller Ltd @robpratten
- Robert PrattenCEO & Founder, Transmedia Storyteller Ltd
- Transmedia Storyteller Ltdbe remarkable
- transmedia production tool to deliver personalized, cross- platform experiences that drive conversation and engagement. Its cheaper, faster, scalable & manageable and theres no coding.
- Transmedia storytelling Narrative Gaming Rewards Levels Collaboration CompetitionCharactersPlotEventsThings Social Networking Participation, Conversation
- Future Storyworlds
- the active creation of belief suspend disbelief Henry Jenkins appropriated
- Alternate Alternative Reality Game
- Code Runner
- Consumer Recreation Services
- X10 home automation
- Perceptive Media (BBC R&D)
- In Real Life Shooter
- Patient 0
- Patient 0http://www.pozible.comhttp://irlshooter.com/
- Alternate Reality Game
- Alternate Reality Game
- Conducttr Under the HoodConducttr: Pervasive Entertainment Platform Broadcast & reply emails, Tweets, SMS Content Layer Publish blog posts, videos, images, Facebook updates Events when stuff should happen Control Layer Actions personalization of experience Real World Audience
- Under The Hood - AudienceAudience Audience is viewed as: individual (just you) community (everyone)Individual Community group (segments of everyone) Individual Everyone Groups
- Audience variables Email Contact Details Twitter Mobile Language? Community-level Groups Level? personalization Trait? Health? Individual level Custom Fields Stamina? personalization Power NB: Custom Fields also available for other entities such as Characters and Touchpoints
- Lowlifes 2.0
- Alien encounter readiness (SMS) (575) 208 5005TEST your readiness for alien encounters!Reply TEST to answer two questions that willreveal more about yourself than you knew! Q1: You suffer an alien abduction but are returned to Earth. What do you do? Reply keep SECRET or GO PUBLIC Q2: You find yourself impregnated with an an alien child. What do you do? Reply give BIRTH or KILL it.
- Results create personalizeexperience SECRET PUBLIC You are a PERFECT HOST for alien You are an EXHIBITIONIST whoBIRTH explorers. Your willingness to seeks celebrity in two solar keep an alien lovechild and tell systems. We are wary of you but nobody has been noted and will we may use you if it suits our be rewarded. cause. You are an EARTH WARRIOR - KILL You are a SILENT RECLUSE. You ready to make a stand against crave alien attention but are alien invasion and exploration. afraid to show your affection. You are not to be trusted.
- EngagementGoal: delight each individual with personalized, surprising, evolving contentConducttr Audience call to action Content Layer call to action Individual Community action Control Layer Real World community action personalization community-driven story evolution
- Welcome to our Worlds
- Invite the world into your World Trailer or Website Description Date & time information The platforms the World lives on
- Connected experience Your Story/ExperienceNative cross-platform experience writtenwithout code to run from the cloud on socialnetworks (and on other sites such as tabletapps, social games, consoles, forums etc. viaConducttr API with coding) Audience
- XP Progress & Achievements ,
- Metrics Marketing budget = $0 Production budget = $500 Total Net Kindle Revenue (2011) = $1748 Total shipments on Kindle Jan 1st to Dec 31st 2011 = 972 (retail price at Amazon.com $2.94) Number of people connecting to Lauren Ortega on email = 83 = 9% of total sales Video views of Episode 1 (Jan 1st to Dec 31st 2011) = 4727
- Sales vs Social Media (Lowlifes) Nb: video views used as simple proxy for trend of social media activity. Wasnt the sole activity also included email, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Sales vs Social Media (Lowlifes) Tipping point
- Empower advocates
- Big on Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn
- Work inProgress
- Story Real-world(strength, depth & authorial (pervasive, built around fact) control) Co-creation Gaming(contribute, change, co-create) (goals, puzzles, challenges, trophies) Story = importance of narrative, depth of world & degree of authorial control Real-world = extent to which story-experience pervades real locations & times, real people & events Participation = ability of audience to change or contribute to the story-experience Gaming = audience has goal, use of puzzles, game mechanics (trophies, levels, leader boards etc.)
- Mask of the Red Death Story Real-world Online Co-creation Gaming Web series Psychophol experienceWastelander experience Real World Feature film Tarot CardsEvent: Festival Screening Mobile app DVD release
- Audience participation opportunities FEEL Companion Actor Moral dilemmas, Role-play, meaningful choices provide building blocks Outsider Observer Reflection, consideration Exploring, discovering THINK DO What will the audience do? How will they be engaged?
- Participation for MskRD FEEL Companion Actor Psychophol Wastelander Tarot experience experience Cards Outsider Observer Web Series THINK DO
- The 22ers
- Tarot cards for MskRD
- Mask of the Red Deathwww.psychophol.com
- Transmedia Storyteller Ltd http://tstoryteller.com USA: +1 415 287 4150 Europe: +44 207 193 4567
View more >
New Media Producing Syllabus Fall 2012 - Building Storyworlds the art, craft & biz of storytelling in 21c