fs-t2001 faq & nle guide - vitec · fs-t2001 nle help guide avid (5.52) fs-t2001 clips can be...

FS-T2001 FAQ & NLE GUIDE V1.2

Upload: others

Post on 03-Nov-2019

Category:

Documents

0 download

TRANSCRIPT

FS-T2001 FAQ & NLE GUIDE

V1.2

HOW TO MOUNT FS-T2001 Hard Drive / SxS cards over SMB ______________________________________ 3

HOW TO CONNECT TO FS-2001 Hard Drive / SxS cards over FTP ____________________________________ 4

FS-T2001 NLE HELP GUIDE __________________________________________________________________ 6

AVID (5.52) ___________________________________________________________________________________________ 6

FINAL CUT PRO (7.03) ____________________________________________________________________________________ 8

ADOBE CS5 (5.0.0) and CS6 _______________________________________________________________________________ 9

FS-T2001 FAQ:___________________________________________________________________________ 14

When I insert the SxS card, a WHITE BLOCK appears next to the card and I'm unable to record on the SxS card. ____ 14

After FORMATTING the SxS card in FAT mode, on the HOME MENU, a WHITE BLOCK appears next to SLOT A and when

I press REC, no recording begins. ___________________________________________________________________ 14

Can I just leave the PsF setting on AUTO or ON? _______________________________________________________ 14

When playing back an HD file through the SD output, the image does not appear. ___________________________ 14

I recorded a clip on the FS-T2 and cannot play the clip on the Sony PMW-500 camera. ________________________ 14

In Avid, my MP4 clips import, but only a BLACK SCREEN appears with audio from the clip. _____________________ 14

When recording in MXF, I lost power during the recording. After using REPAIR CLIP, the SxS card would not mount to

a Mac. ________________________________________________________________________________________ 14

With a card inserted in Slot A and free space on the C Drive, when I press REC, nothing happens. The "A" slot is not

highlighted in white, but in blue green. ______________________________________________________________ 14

I am unable to connect the FS-T2001 to a computer using the larger sized USB port. __________________________ 14

When recording with the Sony XDCAM EX camera in 1080/60i mode, and using the PsF30 mode on the FS-T2001, after

using XDCAM Transfer in Final Cut Pro, the video images has Jagged Edges in it. _____________________________ 14

With FINAL CUT PRO, after using EXPORT TO XDCAM to export my timeline to the SxS card, the clip did not play on the

FS-T2001. _____________________________________________________________________________________ 14

When trying to connect the FS-T2001 to the internet with the Ethernet cable, it will not connect and cannot be found.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ 14

In SETUP, when trying to set the TAKE PREFIX, after setting 3 Characters, I accidentally added a 4th character and now

I cannot make it disappear. _______________________________________________________________________ 15

When using a MEAD ADAPTOR with SD card, after recording XDCAM clips in the Sony camera, when the MEAD

Adaptor and SD card are inserted into the FS-T2001, no clips are displayed._________________________________ 15

How do I perform a FACTORY RESET of the FST2 unit? How do I recover my unit if the firmware upgrade failed? ___ 15

With headphones plugged in, I cannot hear any sound. How do I turn up the volume? ________________________ 15

HOW TO MOUNT FS-T2001 Hard Drive / SxS cards over SMB XDCAM clips on the FS-T2001 internal hard drive can be accessed over the internet using the ETHERNET port on the back of the unit.

FS-T2001: --Make sure a working Ethernet cable is attached to the FS-T2001 unit. --On the FS-T2001 unit, go to SETUP. --Make sure SERVER is set to ENABLED. --Write down the ftp address (Example: 172.21.180.51) --Note: If you do not see the ftp address, exit the menu and re-enter. --Note: If you still do not see the ftp address, power down the unit and reboot. --Write down the Host Name (HSTNAME) + Password information (SVR P/W) --The default name + password is "fst2" for both. MAC: --In FINDER, select "GO" and scroll down and select "CONNECT TO SERVER". --Type the IP Address: smb://172.21.180.51 --Add name/password information. To Get Clips Into Final Cut Pro: --Go to IMPORT > and open XDCAM TRANSFER. --Select ADD and locate the mounted FS-T2 drive via smb connection. --Select the A or B or C drive. --Clips will automatically appear in XDCAM for viewing or transfer. PC: --Select CMD (Command) + R --Add backslash x 2 "\\" + IP Address --Example: "\\172.21.180.51" --Press OK --Add name/password info. --Volume will now be mounted to PC Now the Volume must be MAPPED to PC: --Right Click the mounted Volume (Example: "Media C") and select "Map Network Drive" --Select a name for the Volume Drive (Example: "Q") --Click FINISH To Get Clips Into AVID: --Once the Mounted Volume has been Mapped --Using AVID AMA feature -- the clips will automatically appear in the AMA selected folder --Clips can now be converted with Consolidate/Transcode --Highlight the AMA Clip (You will see the clip is marked differently) --From Top Pull Down Menus Select CLIP > Consolidate/Transcode --Clip will be transcoded and be available in BIN --Delete the original AMA clip from BIN

HOW TO CONNECT TO FS-2001 Hard Drive / SxS cards over FTP

1. Connect the FS-T2001 to your network either entering a STATIC IP address or using the DHCP (default mode).

2. Confirm an IP address is shown in IP ADDR setting of the (SETUP menu).

The IP address will be used to connect to the unit : 192.168.0.58 will used in this example.

3. Emable the FS-T2001 FTP/SMB server:

a. Go into SETUP menu

b. In SERVER setting, select either

i. ENABLED – FTP access is enabled with no password protection

ii. P/W ENABLED – FTP access is enabled with password protection. In this mode, the password can

be found (and modified) in the SVR P/W setting.

4. Return to the HOME screen to validate your choice

5. On your PC / Mac platform, install a FTP client or use your preferred FTP client.

Filezilla application has been tested successfully on PC/Mac platform:

Download link for PC and Mac versions: https://filezilla-project.org/

6. Open the FTP client and use the following information/credential

a. If the SERVER has been ENABLED (no password)

i. Host: 192.168.0.58

ii. Login: anonymous

iii. Password: leave it blank

b. If the SERVER has been P/W ENABLED (password)

i. Host: 192.168.0.58

ii. Login: fst2

iii. Password: fst2 (by default) or value referenced in SVR P/W setting (SETUP menu)

7. Click the connection button

8. The following directories are available

a. HDD1: Internal hard drive

b. SLOTA1: SxS card located in slot A (if any)

c. SLOTB1: SxS card located in slot B (if any)

9. Select the folder/files you are willing to import locally onto your computer

FTP connection under Mac OS (no password –ENABLED mode)

FTP connection under WIndows OS (password – P/W ENABLED mode)

FS-T2001 NLE HELP GUIDE

AVID (5.52)

FS-T2001 clips can be imported into AVID via the new AMA TOOL. This should be bundled with the latest AVID update.

What is AMA?

--This is an “automatic” import process for using and editing MP4 clips directly off the SxS card.

--Open AMA SETTINGS and make sure ENABLE AMA VOLUME MANAGEMENT is set.

--The imported clips will be HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW in the AVID BIN.

--The clips can be used for editing in the timeline – BUT ARE NOT YET COPIED TO THE COMPUTER.

How to get FS-T clips permanently into AVID?

1. Open AVID, select new PROJECT and SETTINGS.

2. With NEW PROJECT open, insert the SxS card into a CARD READER or mount the card with the FS-T

3. With AVID AMA, the program will automatically import the clips into AVID, highlighted in YELLOW.

4. When a CLIP IS SELECTED, the highlight turns from YELLOW to BLUE HIGHLIGHT

5. Once the CLIP IS SELECTED, choose CLIP > CONSOLIDATE/TRANSCODE from the drop down menu

6. By selecting Consolidate/Transcode, the clip will be permanently transferred and copied to harddrive.

7. On the CONSOLIDATE/TRANSCODE menu screen, make sure to HIGHLIGHT/SELECT the “(C:)” drive.

8. When the CONSOLIDATE button is pressed, the COPYING MEDIA FILES message box appears.

9. Make sure the KEEP MASTER CLIPS LINKED TO MEDIA ON THE ORIGINAL DRIVE is checked. Hit OK.

10. The clip is now “Consolidated” together and copied to the harddrive.

11. When the CONSOLIDATION/TRANSCODE is finished, the copied clip will appear in the BIN marked “new”.

Example: FST30039_01 was transcoded into “FST30039_01.new.01”

12. After the clip is transcoded, the original AMA CLIP can be deleted. Select the AMA clip (highlight will go from

YELLOW to BLUE HIGHLIGHT) and press the DELETE BUTTON. A MESSAGE BOX appears. Place a CHECK in the

DELETE BOX and select OK. The original AMA CLIP will now be removed from the BIN.

13. Now drag the “New” Transcoded clip into the timeline and begin editing.

FINAL CUT PRO (7.03)

FS-T2001 clips can be imported with the XDCAM TRANSFER tool located within Final Cut Pro.

1. Open a NEW FCP PROJECT

2. Insert the SxS card into the card reader or mount the FS-T to the computer.

3. Select FILE > IMPORT > Sony XDCAM from the PULL DOWN MENUS

4. This will open the XDCAM TRANSFER tool.

5. The XDCAM TRANFER tool will automatically locate and load all available clips to import on the SxS card.

6. Before IMPORTING, make sure to check the “SEND CLIPS TO FINAL CUT PRO PROJECT” box.

7. Now HIGHLIGHT all clips you want to transfer (or use SELECT ALL)

8. Press the IMPORT BUTTON

9. After import is complete, the CLIP will be ready for editing in the BIN.

Imported Clip

ADOBE CS5 (5.0.0) and CS6

There are two (2) ways to IMPORT clips into CS5 for editing:

1. Use the MEDIA BROWSER to import a single (muxed)MP4 clip

2. Drag the individual MP4 clips into a CS5 bin

All FS-T2001 clips should be copied to an external hard drive before IMPORTING into CS5.

With CS5, the MP4 clips will be ready for edit in the timeline without any TRANSCODE/CONVERT process.

CS5 IMPORT PROCESS #1: THE MEDIA BROWSER 1. Open a NEW PROJECT in CS5 (make sure to set the timeline settings to the desired 1080/720 format).

2. Mount the SxS card with the Card Reader or the FS-T to the computer.

3. FIND and OPEN the PROGRAM FILES > ADOBE > XDCAM >BPAV folder on the computer .

4. Locate the BPAV folder on the SxS card (Inside the BPAV folder are the CLPR and TAKR folders)

5. Drag the CLPR + TAKR folders + CUEUP +MEDIAPRO XML Documents into the BPAV folder on the hard drive.

6. Once the CLPR + TAKR + CUEUP + MEDIAPRO items are copied into the BPAV folder -- dismount the SxS card.

7. Open up the PROJECT in CS5

8. In the LOWER RIGHT windows of the PROJECT, you will see a tab marked MEDIA BROWSER

9. In MEDIA BROWSER, locate the hard drive the clips are copied to. Example: E:(UNTITLED)

10. CLICK on the XDCAM Clips folder.

11. Inside the XDCAM Clips folder, you will find the muxed MP4 clip.

12. Drag the Mp4 clip into the PROJECT BIN

13. CS5 will now CONFORM the clip. This may take a few moments.

14. Once completed, the muxed MP4 clip is now ready for editing in the timeline.

FAQ ISSUE: MULTIPLE SxS CARDS

When using the CUEUP and MEDIAPRO XML documents with CS5, the original multi-section MP4 clip can be muxed

together into a single MP4 clip.

Since the CUEUP and MEDIAPRO XML documents do not have a unique naming convention, how do you IMPORT CLIPS

from another SxS card and still use the CUEUP and MEDIAPRO XML to mux the multiple clip parts into a single clip?

FAQ WORKFLOW FOR MULTIPLE SxS CARDS:

1. Locate the XDCAM > BPAV folder on the hard drive with the previously copied folders.

2. COPY all the folders/contents of the CLPR folder on the new SxS card into the CLPR folder on the hard drive.

3. Now COPY all the contents of the TAKR folder on the SxS card into the TAKR folder on the hard drive.

4. COPY the CUEUP and MEDIAPRO XML files from the SxS card to inside the BPAV folder on the hard drive.

NOTE: YOU MUST OVERWRITE THE OLD CUEUP + MEDIAPRO XML’s

5. Once the new CUEUP and MEDIAPRO XML’s are copied inside the BPAV folder – go to PROJECT.

6. In the MEDIA BROSWER, select the hard drive with the XDCAM clips folder.

7. Inside the XDCAM Clips folder, you will find the new muxed clip copied to the BPAV folder.

There will also be the old MP4 clip that was imported, now broken up into multiple sections/clips.

New “muxed” MP4 clip

Old MP4 Clip Now Broken Up

8. Select the NEW MUXED MP4 CLIP and drag into the PROJECT BIN.

Old “muxed” MP4 Clip

New “muxed” Mp4 clip

9. Ignore the multi-sections of the original imported clip.

NOTES:

The CUEUP + MEDIAPRO XML document can only read the original clips connected to it. By overwriting over the old

XML’s with new XML’s, the original clip returns to its “un-muxed” state of multiple sections.

IF THE USER HAS ALREADY IMPORTED THE ORIGINAL MUXED MP4 CLIP INTO THE PROJECT BIN – IT WILL STILL BE IN THE

BIN READY FOR USE. DO NOT DRAG THE UNMUXED MP4 CLIPS INTO THE BIN.

This is the workaround so the user can import the muxed MP4 clip from multiple SxS cards.

CS5 IMPORT PROCESS #2: DRAG CLIPS DIRECTLY INTO PROJECT BIN

1. Open a NEW PROJECT in CS5 (make sure to set the timeline settings to the desired 1080/720 format).

2. Mount the SxS card with the Card Reader or the FS-T.

3. FIND and OPEN the ADOBE > XDCAM >BPAV folder on the computer (Located in Adobe folders).

4. Locate the FST clips in the BPAV > CLPR folder on the SxS card.

5. Drag the FST FOLDERS from the SxS card and COPY in the CLPR folder.

6. After COPY is complete, you can dismount the SxS card.

7. Now drag the FST FOLDERS directly into the CS5 PROJECT BIN.

8. CS5 will now conform the clips for editing. This may take a few moments.

9. Once completed, the clips are now ready for editing in the timeline.

FS-T2001 FAQ: When I insert the SxS card, a WHITE BLOCK appears next to the card and I'm unable to record on the SxS card. --CHECK THE SETTINGS and make sure the REC FORMAT (UDF/FAT) is the same as the SxS card. --If not, FORMAT the SxS card in the format required. --With SxS card set to UDF…the REC FORMAT must be set to MXF/UDF. --With SxS card set to FAT…the REC FORMAT must be set to MP4/FAT. After FORMATTING the SxS card in FAT mode, on the HOME MENU, a WHITE BLOCK appears next to SLOT A and when I press REC, no recording begins. --On the OPERATION MENU, change the FORMAT from UDF/MXF to FAT/MP4. Can I just leave the PsF setting on AUTO or ON? --NO. The PsF setting must be used when shooting 1080/30p, 24p and 25p formats. If the settings are ON for a non-p format, it could produce inaccurate video results. When playing back an HD file through the SD output, the image does not appear. --The setting in OPTIONS must be switched from OUTPUT HD to OUTPUT SD. --Go to OPERATIONS MENU > VIDEO OUT and select the desired SD output. I recorded a clip on the FS-T2 and cannot play the clip on the Sony PMW-500 camera. --If the clip was recorded in the MXF/UDF format, it will not play or be compatible with the Sony PMW-500 camera. --Recording in the MP4 mode will work with the Sony PMW-500 camera. In Avid, my MP4 clips import, but only a BLACK SCREEN appears with audio from the clip. --Is the clip a MP4 1080-24? --If yes, in AVID settings for a NEW PROJECT, select 1080x23.96 as the format setting. When recording in MXF, I lost power during the recording. After using REPAIR CLIP, the SxS card would not mount to a Mac. --Use COPY CARD to copy the contents of the SxS card with REPAIRED CLIP to another SxS card. --If another SxS card is not available, COPY CARD to the "C" drive and import clips with Ethernet/SAMBA connection. With a card inserted in Slot A and free space on the C Drive, when I press REC, nothing happens. The "A" slot is not highlighted in white, but in blue green. --Check the settings in OPERATION. Make sure REC MEDIA is set to AUTO or to the card or drive you want to record to. --NOTE: Be careful on the MAIN MENU when pressing LEFT on the CONTROL WHEEL. It will change the REC MEDIA settings and rotate through all settings if continually pressed. I am unable to connect the FS-T2001 to a computer using the larger sized USB port. --The larger size (Standard-A) USB port is used only for a Wi-Fi USB Dongle. --The smaller size (Mini-B) USB port is used to mount the FS-T2001 to a computer. When recording with the Sony XDCAM EX camera in 1080/60i mode, and using the PsF30 mode on the FS-T2001, after using XDCAM Transfer in Final Cut Pro, the video images has Jagged Edges in it. --The Sony XDCAM EX camera should be set to 1080-30 for all 1080-30 desired recordings. --The FS-T2001 must be set to PsF mode to record in 1080-30 PsF mode. --With the Sony XDCAM EX camera set to 1080/60i and the FS-T2001 set to PsF mode, the recording after XDCAM Transfer will have Jagged Edges - -THIS IS THE WRONG CAMERA SETTING. With FINAL CUT PRO, after using EXPORT TO XDCAM to export my timeline to the SxS card, the clip did not play on the FS-T2001. --In Final Cut Pro, make sure to set XDCAM EXPORT to MP4. (MXF is not supported) --After export to SxS card, the clip must FIRST be opened in XDCAM BROWSER. This must be done before playing clip on unit. --In XDCAM BROWSER, locate the clip and PLAY. (No need to play the entire clip) --Exit XDCAM BROWSER and insert card into FS-T2001 unit. The clip will now be available for playback. When trying to connect the FS-T2001 to the internet with the Ethernet cable, it will not connect and cannot be found. --In the SETUP MENU, make sure the SERVER setting is set to ENABLED.

--Make sure the PASSWORD is correct or set to In SETUP, when trying to set the TAKE PREFIX, after setting 3 Characters, I accidentally added a 4th character and now I cannot make it disappear. --In the TAKE PREFIX, highlight the 3rd letter/number setting and press the CENTER BUTTON. --The SETUP MENU returns, and only the first 3 characters appear. When using a MEAD ADAPTOR with SD card, after recording XDCAM clips in the Sony camera, when the MEAD Adaptor and SD card are inserted into the FS-T2001, no clips are displayed. --When using a MEAD Adaptor with Sony cameras, the camera creates and writes to a folder called BPAV. --This folder must be in the root directory in order for the FS-T2001 to read the files properly. --The Sony camera places the BPAV folder inside another folder called PRIVATE > SONY How do I perform a FACTORY RESET of the FST2 unit? How do I recover my unit if the firmware upgrade failed? --Power up FST2 --During the FS-T2001 "spinning" welcome screen --Press STOP first --Then immediately press THUMBNAILS --The unit will continue booting to factory image. With headphones plugged in, I cannot hear any sound. How do I turn up the volume? --On the MAIN MENU, use the SCROLL WHEEL and SPIN to the RIGHT --One rotation brings up the Timecode/TC Display --Two rotations bring up the UserBit/UB Display --Three rotations brings up the VOLUME Display --On the VOLUME DISPLAY, press the CENTER BUTTON to activate the volume control --With the Scroll Wheel, spin to the Left to lower and to the Right to raise volume levels. --Press the CENTER BUTTON to lock in the setting. --The Display will return to the MAIN MENU.