front cover photoshop screenshots final draft
out of 13
Post on 09-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Front Cover PhotoshopScreenshots By Shannon Sloyan
- 2. I created a new page by going to file > new > blank page and then to international paper in A4.
- 3. I edited this photo by using the rubber from the tool bar, however I could have used the quick selection tool, it would have been easier to crop the background out. I then cropped it. Next, I dragged the photo on to the actual front cover.
- 4. After that, I enlarged the edited photo of the models to fit the page. I made it bigger so that it would be the main focus of my front cover.
- 5. I changed the background to become black by using the paint brush and bucket.
- 6. I added this masthead which was originally a photo but I didnt like it so I changed it completely.
- 7. I messed around with some of the fonts and ended up with liking this font for my masthead. The font is Courier and the font size is 92 pt.
- 8. I added the pop bands name Blonette to the cover so the reader can have an idea of who the two girls in the picture are. I used the font Gill Sans Ultra Bold Condensed with the font size of 60 pt.
- 9. I added the exclusive, Blonette and A new youtube band. It worked out really well but then I got rid of it because it could be better so I changed it.
- 10. I think that this is a massive improvement from the last time I edited the front cover before. The differences are that I moved the Blonette to the middle of the picture with also a line of text underneath which says A new band, check them out! The font is Bernard MT Condensed and the size 92 pt. the text underneath that is the same font as Blonette above but the font size is smaller. It is 32 pt. I created a red heart with a white heart on top of it so it added more tension to the band name as well as the two girls in the photo. I also added text on the left hand side.
- 11. I moved the text upwards a little bit so black blank space wouldnt be wasted. I also created a red sticker with a text saying Win tickets to 1D.
- 12. Conclusion: To conclude, I think that I have done a good job with my front cover from the 1st attempt. Ive definitely improved it. I edited the photo instead of leaving it not edited. I have used the same font on the page. The magazine I created at my first attempt did not meet the codes and conventions of a magazine. As you can see from the photo below, it looks nothing like a proper magazine. I decided to change my original front cover to this. In my final draft I decided not to use any photos from the internet My 1st attempt: My final draft:
- 13. This is my final draft of my front cover.
View more >