Formula Hybrid Membership Entry Examination By: Khieu Hoang CalPoly Pomona, Mechanical Engineer Supplementary: Formula Hybrid SAE Rule Book.
out of 9
Post on 21-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Formula Hybrid Membership Entry Examination By: Khieu Hoang CalPoly Pomona, Mechanical Engineer Supplementary: Formula Hybrid SAE Rule Book
- Slide 2
- What does FHSAE stand for? - Formula Hybrid Society of Automotive Engineers Member Restrictions - No restrictions to any major, ANYONE can join - 2.20 Minimum GPA overall/core Member Dues - $20 per quarter Workshop - The AV (alternative Vehicle) lab is not a play ground - All machine are off limit without an advisor present General Clubs Briefing
- Slide 3
- Formula Hybrid Rules Vehicle Design Objectives - Design and build a Hybrid prototype within a $32,000 budget Competition Events - Dynamics and Static - Score on a basis of 1000 pts total Competition Requirements - To participate in the competition in May, member must be a register member of one of the following : (1)SAE, (2) SAE Australasia, (3) SAE Brasil, (4) ATA, (5) IMechE or (6) IEEE.
- Slide 4
- - A vehicle must demonstrate evidence of substantial development (mechanical and/or electrical) since the last time the vehicle was entered. - Car can compete as an all hybrid for 1 yr provided proof of hybrid in progress - Member must be at least 18 yr of age - Universities may enter up to 2 vehicles per competition. Vehicle Requirements and Restrictions - Faculty Advisors may not design, build or repair any part of the car - Minimum of 50% of all braking energy must come from hydraulic mechanism. - Braking system must have an over travel device to override vehicle power system in the case the brake system fails
- Slide 5
- - Maximum of $6,000 can be spend on batteries - Vehicle must have 4 wheels - 3 power (shut down) buttons must be available and accessible to the driver
- Slide 6
- Static Event Total of 300 pts - Technical Inspection - 0 pts - Presentation - 100pts - Presentation of Hybrid Marketing Approach - Engineering Design - 200 pts - Supporting Vehicles Designs
- Slide 7
- Dynamics Events Total of 700 pts - Acceleration - All electric (75pts) - Unrestricted (75pts) - Auto Cross (150pts) - Endurance (400 pts) Driving Conditions - Competition will continue in rain or shine - Vehicle must pass safety inspections to Compete
- Slide 8
- Driver Limitations - No ONE driver can compete for all events - Minimum of 3 drivers Repairs - Can be make during drive change - Can be make during the event with expense of time Exceptions, Alternative - Vehicle can enter an all electric event in the case that their hybrid failed.
- Slide 9
- Engine Limitations - There is no limitation to the Electric motor size - Maximum Combustion engine size of 250cc - Gasoline engine are allowed to be modified but aspects of modification are limited by the rule book Fuel Restrictions - 93 Octane, E-85, and Biodiesel only - Fuel is limited but can be bought at the expense of pts Electrical System - All high voltage wiring must be enclosed Supercharger and Turbo - Not restricted from engine modification - Must comply with engine modifications rules Vehicle Specs
View more >
2016 Formula Hybrid ESF Part 1 (Rev 0) ? Web viewFormula Hybrid ESF -- Part 1 INTRODUCTION. Part 1 of…
Solar PV–diesel hybrid business planning checklist PV–diesel hybrid business planning checklist For applications in local power distribution systems in off-grid areas in the Philippines. ... Formula Formula 1.
Hybrid Precast Concrete Column and Sandwich Concrete ... using the theoretical formula. ... normal and hybrid column under eccentric loading Conventional column and hybrid column with eccentric loading of 40 ...
Simulating the complete 2014 hybrid electric Formula 1 ... ?· The 2014 Formula 1 Technical Regulations…