flickr social media guidelines! how to use flickr?
Post on 08-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONFlickr social media guidelines & how it works best for you guide by OMLogic: Pioneers in Social Media Marketing
- 1.FLICKR SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDELINES
2. WHAT IS Flickr?
- Flickr is a free site for storing, organizing and sharing photos
- To use Flickr you must have aYahoo account
- Once your account is created, you can sign in and start uploading photos and videos
- You can either go for free membership or pro membership
3. Flickr BASICS: WHAT CAN BE DONE?
- Sharing Photos and Videos
- Discussions and Groups participation
- Images sharing to groups pool
- Commenting and requesting comments and favs
- Tagging images with the keywords
- Community Building
4. FREE Flickr ACCOUNT DETAILS
- Monthly photo upload limit upto 100 MB
- 2 videos upload monthly
- 3 Photosets can be created
- Photostreams views limited to 200 most recent images
- Storage of smaller (resized) images.
- Add photos to maximum of 10 groups pool
5. PRO Flickr ACCOUNT
- Price $24.95/Year
- Unlimited photos upload
- Ad free browsing and sharing
- Statistics and demographics
- Unlimited photosets and storage
- Add photos to 60 groups pools.
- Permanent archiving of high-resolution original images
6. Flickr: GETTING STARTED Create a Yahoo login, if you dont have one 7. Flickr: GETTING STARTED Login and choose a Flickr Username 8. Flickr: GETTING STARTED Ready to go 9. Flickr: GETTING STARTED Upload images and videos 10. Flickr: GETTING STARTED Add Title, description and tags 11. Flickr: GETTING STARTED/ . `````````````````````` Create and add photos to the set 12. Flickr: GETTING STARTED Set up your Flickr custom URL 13. Flickr: GETTING STARTED Create profile and fill information 14. Flickr: UPLOADING PHOTOS
- There are 5 ways to upload your photos to Flickr
- Via upload webpage
- via the Flickr Uploader(available for both PC and Mac)
- via iPhoto, Aperture, or Windows XP plug-ins
- via email
- via various free third-party desktop programs
15. Flickr: Flickr SETS
- Sets-- a grouping of photos that you can organize around a certain theme, such asOur Get Together . You can use them to highlight your favorite photos, or make an album that is only pictures of your employees in the party, or of photos you've taken with a particular camera.
16. Flickr: ORGANIZE
- The Organizeris where both Collections and Sets are created. It also allows you to perform common tasks on large batches of photos, such as tagging, changing permissions, or editing timestamps etc.
17. Flickr: COLLECTIONS
- Collectionsare a grouping of Sets (or other Collections) so you can organize around grander themes, such asPeople ,Trips , Events or by Month and Year.
18. Flickr: EXPLORING Flickr
- Maps and Location
19. Flickr: TAGS 20. Flickr: FAVORITES 21. Flickr: CONTACTS 22. Flickr: CONTACTS IMAGES 23. Flickr: GROUPS
- Groupsare a way for people to come together around a common interest or a topic.
- If you cant find a group which interestsyou , start your own.
- Groups can either be public, public (invite only), or completely private. Every group has a pool for sharing photos and a discussion board for talking and conversation.
24. Flickr: CREATE YOUR OWN GROUP 25. Flickr: ADDING IMAGES TO GROUP POOL 26. Flickr: ADDING IMAGES TO A LOCATION 27. Flickr: INFORMATION DISPLAY 28. Flickr: PRIVACY SETTINGS
- Privacyis a common area for concern on the web, but on Flickr its easy to control who you share your images with. For each of your photos on Flickr you can set:
- privacy level , which determines who can see your image
- usage license , so your copyrights are protected
- content type , flag your photos as either photos, artwork/illustrations, or screenshots
- safety level , so other members only see images within their specified comfort zones
- You can choose who can see your photos, add tags, notes, favs and comments
29. Flickr: PRIVACY & PERMISSION 30. Flickr: EMAILS & NOTIFICATIONS 31. Flickr: INTEGRATION & EXTENDING 32. Flickr: BEST PRACTICES
- Be relevant, and avoid uploading rubbish and nonsense photos
- Organize all your collection
- Converse with your friends on Flickr
- Avoid spam of any kind (to gain excitement and exposure)
- Post product images with suitable title and notes
- Be responsive and participate in the group conversations
- Dont promote yourself on groups
- Post images of events, parties and get-together of your company
Getting most out of flickr 33. Flickr: USAGE GUIDELINES Some Dos of using Flickr
- Building a community of people on Flickr
- Joining a cause, event or interest through groups
- Developing client specific guidelines for employees on flickr
- Integrating (Flickr) with other social media activities
- Generating engaging conversations in your group
- Make Flickr as your important social media tool
34. Flickr: USAGE GUIDELINES Some Don'ts of using Flickr
- Advertising your products and services
- Behaving in an unethical or otherwise defamatory manner
- Spamming messages on others groups
- Replacing existing advertising and PR department
- Wasting time engaging with people
- Using abusive language while responding to a comment
35. THANK YOU!