fashion illustration. an understanding of the human body is essential to fashion illustration
out of 15
Post on 19-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- FASHION ILLUSTRATION
- Slide 2
- An understanding of the human body is essential to fashion illustration
- Slide 3
- The clothes are more important than the figure
- Slide 4
- The figure CAN be out of proportion- The fashion figure is often taller- 9 or more heads high
- Slide 5
- Figures out of proportion should look deliberate- not like a mistake or an accident.
- Slide 6
- The materials used for illustration may be out of the box.
- Slide 7
- No matter what- the illustration should look like you are the master of your materials.
- Slide 8
- Finished illustrations may LOOK sketchy- but there should NOT be any erase marks. So avoid using pencil for your underdrawing or if you do, draw LIGHTLY!
- Slide 9
- Feel free to mix your media- using different materials together. Can you select a unique combination of materials?
- Slide 10
- Slide 11
- What is this artist hiding?
- Slide 12
- What do you think of this illustration?
- Slide 13
- Illustrations should be unique and memorable
- Slide 14
- The illustration should evoke a feeling- emotional, textural or both
- Slide 15
- http://www.fashionillustrationgallery.com/arti sts/ Select one of the fashion illustrators on the above link page to answer the following questions 1.What is the illustrators name 2.Read the biography and select ONE aspect of their career that you feel is significant. 3.What is the title of one of the illustrations 4.Describe this illustration in detail 5.What 3 words would you use to describe the style of the illustration you chose? http://www.words-to-use.com/words/art/
View more >