out of 19
Post on 17-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Colossians 3:1721 Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Wives, be subject to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be embittered against them. Children, be obedient to your parents in all things, for this is well-pleasing to the Lord. Fathers, do not exasperate your children, so that they will not lose heart.
- 2. The over arching principle Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. 1 Peter 4:11 (NASB95) 11 Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 1 Corinthians 10:31 (NASB95) 31 Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Peter 4:11 1 Corinthians 10:31
- 3. Everybody in order Wives, be subject to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Subject to = to arrange in a military fashion under the command of a leader or a voluntary attitude of giving in, cooperating, assuming responsibility, and carrying a burden.
- 4. Fitting Psalm 96:13 (NASB95) 13 Before the LORD, for He is coming, For He is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness And the peoples in His faithfulness. Legal Moral
- 5. Why? Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything. Ephesians 5:2224
- 6. Honor & Respect God created men to be respected When you honor your husband you honor God Unconditional Respect and unconditional love
- 7. God has ordained order Creation Authority Church Relationships All things need to line up under the sovereignty of God Respect for order is a God principle.
- 8. Happy wife Husbands, love your wives and do not be embittered against them. Love-what they need
- 9. What she needs Love that is expressed 1. Quality Time 2. Words of Affirmation 3. Acts of Service 4. Physical Touch 5. Gifts What she doesnt need Embittered-sharp, pointed Sharp words, piercing attitudes
- 10. Order Children, be obedient to your parents in all things, for this is well-pleasing to the Lord. Obedience out of love for God and love for your mom and dad The family should all model submission
- 11. A promise Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER (which is the first commandment with a promise), SO THAT IT MAY BE WELL WITH YOU, AND THAT YOU MAY LIVE LONG ON THE EARTH. Ephesians 6:13
- 12. Divine order There is blessing in following Gods order. Eph. 6:3, 1 Peter 3:1;7God Husband Wife Children
- 13. Whats a dad to do? Fathers, do not exasperate your children, so that they will not lose heart. Dont feel resentment Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4
- 14. Not Childrens Church You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up Deuteronomy 6:
- 15. Father and Son Combo We will not conceal them from their children, But tell to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, And His strength and His wondrous works that He has done. Psalm 78:4 Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
- 16. Howblessed is everyone who fears the LORD, Who walks in His ways. When you shall eat of the fruit of your hands, You will behappy and it will be well with you. Yourwife shall belike a fruitful vineWithin your house, Your children like olive plants Around your table. Behold, for thus shall the man beblessed Who fears the LORD. Psalm 128:14
View more >