facebook marketing: best practices to boost roi
Post on 15-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONTom Schuyler shows the Newport Interactive Marketers the value of Facebook marketing: Best tactics & ROI measurement pointers.
- 1. Presented by: Tom SchuylerNIM -April 2011 Demystifying Facebook ROI @Tom_SchuylerTomschuyler@gmail
- Young, but Ive been on Facebook since it was students-only
- Building brands is what Im all about, Ive been doing it for years
- Gurus scare me
- Ive worked for brands big and small:
3. Why this topic
- Let me ask you
- To answer the question, What is Facebook worth to my brand?
- Set expectations and meaningful goals with clients
- Make data actionable
- Get over the hype
4. Part 1: Media Agnostic ROI 5. You already knew this 6. Thats an ice cream cone
- You sell ice cream cones.How many ice cream cones did you sell before social media?How many did you sell after?
- It may be inconvenient but we can lose sight of the basics
7. Part 2: Lets escape the real world (its scary out there) 8. Facebook Insights = Your Friend
- Insights will give you every input you need to write your own equation
- Reach.Your peeps times 130
- Engagement .The search for signs of intelligent life
- Relevance.Your consumer not your fans.More on that
9. Shocking News
- Your Fan Count Doesnt Matter
- (More at 11)
10. WhoAREthese people?
- Fan Count vs. Consumer Count
- Not all fans are created equal
- Do you have the right fans?
- Demographic Indexing
11. Consumer Count
- This Matters
- Total Irrelevants Inactives =Consumer Count
- Im not impressed with you 1M fan count
13. WhatAREthey doing
- Engagement is the single most important indicator of success
- Post Views
- Post Feedback
- Goal 85% monthly 50% weekly
14. WhatAREthey doing?
- Not going to your wall
- Not going to your fancy tab
- Unless youre running ads
- Not going to your app
- Tabs arent evil
- Set defaults intelligently
Cool tab!... Not 15. WhatAREthey doing?
- Not clicking over to your site to buy something
- Facebook is about making relationships to influence INTENT, not purchase
- Tracking code data all points the same direction
- Facebook is not an effective means to drive traffic
16. The Equation 17. What to shoot for: Engagement
- 40% 50% for sub 10,000
- 50% 60% for plus 10,000
- 1%+ per day = success
18. What to shoot for: Ads
- Cost per fan between $0.30 and $0.90 plus 25%
- Chose.Then be chosen.
- Target intelligently.Test.Test.Test again.Try B&W
- Algorithm gives preference to spikes
19. Part 3: Key Takeaways 20. Do
- Plan ahead!
- Lead with content let brand messages follow
- Use rich media
- Use Facebook Questions
- Embrace now ad hoc
- Be conversational.Marketing as dialogue not monologue
- Direct ads to the fan page
- Spike spend in correlation with content roll out
- Create a tab for non-fans
- Use models to set goals
- Set expectations and define goals early on.Whats it worth to them