EXTRA CREDIT MAP TEST THIS WEEK ESSAYS DUE TODAY Chapter 3: Key Issue 4.
out of 11
Post on 23-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- EXTRA CREDIT MAP TEST THIS WEEK ESSAYS DUE TODAY Chapter 3: Key Issue 4
- Slide 2
- Slide 3
- Migration Project 45 MINUTE WORKDAY : October 9/10 DUE: October 13/14 PRESENTATIONS: October 15/16 Where are you coming from? Why are you moving? How is your life different since your move? Possible ways to turn your project in: email (email@example.com), flash drive, on paper, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Slide 4
- Immigration Basics Intervening Obstacle: What is it? Can be environmental or political Example in the past? Example in the present? Quota: What is it? US 1924 quota: meant to ensure what? US 1978 quota: what was the major change? Three admission preferences Family reunification Skilled workers Diversity *These preferences do not apply to whom?*
- Slide 5
- Brain Drain Brain drain: What is it? Good for whom? Bad for whom? Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development
- Slide 6
- Unauthorized Immigration Unauthorized immigrant: someone who enters a country illegally, without the proper documentation 11.2 million unauthorized immigrants in the US Mexicos dilemma: US vs Guatemala
- Slide 7
- Ravenstein Revisited Long-distance: male and individual adults Today: the gender pattern is reversed Today: Still mainly individual adults
- Slide 8
- US Views on Unauthorized Immigration Border Patrols Workplace and Amnesty Civil Rights Local vs Federal (border state differences) Participation in Programs
- Slide 9
- Semantics Why are they important? Examples? Unauthorized Immigrant vs Undocumented Immigrant vs Illegal Alien/Illegal Immigrant IMPORTANT: Disapproval of unauthorized immigration in America is not the same as disapproval of immigration as a whole
- Slide 10
- European Immigration Inter-European immigration has increased: why? Schengen Agreement and other legislation Largely south-to-north in the 20 th century Anti-immigration sentiment in Europe: why? Not against unauthorized immigration Issue is the fear of culture loss and loss of traditions Difficult to understand because of the immense amount of European emigration in the past and the culture they brought with them
- Slide 11
- Tan Le: My Immigration Story http://www.ted.com/talks/tan_le_my_immigration _story?language=en http://www.ted.com/talks/tan_le_my_immigration _story?language=en
View more >
Chem 105 Chpt 7 Lsn 21 1 CHAPTER 7 Atomic Structure Road Map Test 2 Extra credit Collection Road Map Test 2 Extra credit Collection.
Important Dates Latin American Map Key due – January 21 st (Today) Latin America Map Test – January 27 th Latin America Content Test – February 3 rd.
Friday, September 12 Element Quiz 1 Today Extra Credit Prototype due today Element Quiz 2 Thursday Atomic Structure Test Friday 19th.
GTR Continued Sections 29.3 - 29.4. Reminders Lab this week LAB B1-WA Wave Addition: due by 4 p.m. Friday CCR Extra Credit due Thursday, May 1 Examination.
THE 544.001 Playwriting COURSE SYLLABUS: Fall #2 WEEK 4 CHAPTER 3: “DRAFTING AND REVISION” (ASSIGNMENT #2 DUE) WEEK 5 CHAPTER 4: “PLOT” ASSIGNMENT #3 WEEK 6 CHAPTER 5: “STORY” (ASSIGNMENT #3 DUE) WEEK 7 1ST ...