evolution from apache hadoop to the enterprise data hub by cloudera - arabnet digital summit 2014
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONA new foundation for the Modern Information Architecture. Speaker: Amr Awadallah, CTO & Cofounder, Cloudera Our legacy information architecture is not able to cope with the realities of today's business. This is because it is not able to scale to meet our SLAs due to separation of storage and compute, economically store the volumes and types of data we currently confront, provide the agility necessary for innovation, and most importantly, provide a full 360 degree view of our customers, products, and business. In this talk Dr. Amr Awadallah will present the Enterprise Data Hub (EDH) as the new foundation for the modern information architecture. Built with Apache Hadoop at the core, the EDH is an extremely scalable, flexible, and fault-tolerant, data processing system designed to put data at the center of your business.
- CONFIDENTIAL The Future of Data Management: The Enterprise Data Hub Amr Awadallah (@awadallah) | Co-Founder & CTO
- 2014 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved. Cloudera Snapshot 2 Founded 2008, by former employees of Employees Today ~ 600 World Class Support 24x7 Global Staff Pro-active & Predictive Support Programs Mission Critical Thousands of Enterprise Users Over 350 Paying Subscription Customers The Largest Ecosystem Over 1000 Partners Cloudera University Over 40,000 Trained Open Source Leaders Cloudera Employees are Leading Developers & Contributors Total Capital Raised A lot! (from Intel, Google, Dell, T. Rowe Price, Accel, Greylock) Mission Help Organizations Leverage the Power of All Their Data to Ask Bigger Questions.
- An Environment of Change 2014 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved.3
- 2014 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved. Expanding Data Requires A New Approach 4 What we do Copy Data to Applications What we should do Bring Applications to Data Data Information-centric businesses use all Data: Multi-structured, Internal & external data of all types App App App Process-centric businesses use: Structured data mainly Internal data only Important data only Multiple copies of data App App App Data Data Data Data
- 2014 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved. The Power of the EDH 5 THE OLD WAY EDH
- Hadoop Changes the Game: Storage and Compute on One Platform 2014 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved.6 The Hadoop WayThe Old Way $30,000+ per TB Expensive & Unattainable Hard to scale Network is a bottleneck Only handles relational data Difficult to add new fields & data types Expensive, Special purpose, Reliable Servers Expensive Licensed Software Network Data Storage (SAN, NAS) Compute (RDBMS, EDW) $300-$1,000 per TB Affordable & Attainable Scales out forever No bottlenecks Easy to ingest any data Agile data access Commodity Unreliable Servers Hybrid Open Source Software Compute (CPU) Memory Storage (Disk) z z
- 2014 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved. Hadoop and The Enterprise Data Hub 7 Open Source Scalable Flexible Cost-Effective Managed Open Architecture Secure and Governed 3RD PARTY APPS STORAGE FOR ANY TYPE OF DATA UNIFIED, ELASTIC, RESILIENT, SECURE CLOUDERAS ENTERPRISE DATA HUB BATCH PROCESSING ANALYTIC SQL SEARCH ENGINE MACHINE LEARNING STREAM PROCESSING WORKLOAD MANAGEMENT FILESYSTEM ONLINE NOSQL DATA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM MANAGEMENT , SECURE
- Enterprise Data Hub: A Complete Big Data Solution 2014 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved. Full-Fidelity Active Compliance Archive Accelerate Time to Insight Unlock Agility and Innovation Consolidate Silos for 360o View Enable Converged Analytics
- BI and Analytics Partners Enabling The App Store of Big Data SI, Cloud, MSP Partners Database Partners Resellers Data Integration Partners Hardware Partners 2014 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Customer Success Across Industries Financial & Business Services Telecom & Technology Healthcare & Life Sciences Media & Information Retail & Consumer Energy & Public Sector 2014 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved.
- 2014 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved.11
- Thank You! 13 2014 Cloudera, Inc. All rights reserved.
- WEB/MOBILE APPLICATIONS ONLINE SERVING SYSTEM ENTERPRISE DATA WAREHOUSE ENTERPRISE REPORTINGBI / ANALYTICSMACHINE LEARNING CONVERGED APPLICATIONS CLOUDERA MANAGER META DATA / ETL TOOLS ENTERPRISE DATA HUB 2014 Cloudera, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Modern Information Architecture Data Architects System Operators Engineers Data Scientists Analysts Business Users Customers & End Users SYS LOGS WEB LOGS FILES RDBMS
View more >
Cloudera Distributed Hadoop (CDH) Installation and ... twang1/studentProjects/CDH_installConfig1_13m.pdf3 1.What is CDH ? CDH (Cloudera Distribution Hadoop) is open-source Apache Hadoop distribution provided by Cloudera Inc which is a Palo Alto-based American enterprise software company