eportfolios across cuny
Post on 24-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThe CUNY Committee on Academic Technology, is comprised of 48 members representing 25 campuses across CUNY. The 18 members of the ePortfolio subcommittee are drawn from this body. The cross-campus representation and communication provides subcommittee members with an unusually rich vista of the diversity of ePortfolio plans and strategies across CUNY. A collectively authored and actively wiki on the CUNY Academic Commons -- an aggregated and integrated community ePortfolio - communicates information to all interested parties across CUNY. Among the information Available information includes a systematic comparison of campus eportfolio projects, and on the piloting and implementation of eportfolio projects. The wiki also showcases through live links to best practices, platforms, faculty development and other dimensions of implementation projects. The cross-campus and collaborative nature of the eportfolio subcommittee wiki has facilitated our evolution into a venue for identifying, analyzing and addressing "universal concerns" within the body politic of the university. Most recently the committee successfully impacted recommended changes to the language of the CUNY IT Strategic Plan to preserve a commitment to flexibility. The new language, subsequently incorporated into the plan, reads as follows: "Since many campuses are in the process of implementing, piloting or considering eportfolios, and since CUNY experience and over a decade of research indicates that eportfolio solutions must be tailored to meet the specific needs of specific campuses, programs, and students, we will work to support flexible and independent campus-based solutions, while striving to also promote interoperability and shared standards, and to leverage economies and efficiencies of scale where possible." Our presentation takes this achievement in communication and its language as the starting point. The individual speakers will outline key features that distinguish specific campus eportfolio programs and then lead a discussion among the participants on how this applies in the wider context of eportfolio programs.
- 1. Academic Director, Online Baccalaureate in Sociology Kingsborough Community College/CUNYbarbara.firstname.lastname@example.orgHoward Wach, Ph.D . Director, Office of Instructional Technology Bronx Community College/CUNY[email_address] Sarah Morgano Academic Operations Assistant CUNY School of Professional Studies [email_address] Joseph Ugoretz, Ph.D. Associate Dean of Teaching, Learning and Technology Macaulay Honors College [email_address] Barbara Walters, Ph.D . ePortfolios Across CUNY AAEEBL 2011
2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. Howard Wach, Ph.D. Director, Office of Instructional Technology Bronx Community College/CUNY email@example.comThe BCC ePortfolio directory:https://bcc-cuny.digication.com/portfolio/directory.digi 19.
- What determines the need for more or less structure in an ePortfolio program?
- Academic preparationskills
- Academic preparationaffective disposition
- What constitutes structure in an ePortfolio program?
- Faculty engagement/feedback/modeling
- Templates/instructions for students
- Semester-based organization of ePortfolio activities
20. Engagement/Feedback/Modeling 21. Templates/Instructions 22. Semester-based organization 23. Whats next? 24. Sarah Morgano Academic Operations Assistant CUNY School of Professional Studies [email_address] The SPS ePortfolio directory:https://cunyonline.digication.com/portfolio/directory.digi 25. SPS Students
- Adult learners
- 60% online only
26. SPS Faculty
- Largely adjunct
- Dueling ePortfolio Platforms
27. ePortfolio Resources @ SPS
- Easily accessible
28. 29. Intro Video for Students 30. Intro Video for Students Webinar for Faculty 31. Intro Video for Students Webinar for Faculty Screencasts 32. 33. 34. 35. Feedback from Faculty Workshop Series (June, 2011) 36. Joe Ugoretz Assistant Dean of Teaching, Learning and Technology Macaulay Honors College [email_address] Eportfolios @ Macaulay:http://macaulay.cuny.edu/eportfolios/ 37. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 38. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 39. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 40. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 41. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 42. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 43. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 44. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 45. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 46. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 47. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 48. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 49. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 50. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 51. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 52. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 53. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 54. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 55. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 56. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 57. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/672028/aaebl2011.mov 58. Academic Director, Online Baccalaureate in Sociology Kingsborough Community College/CUNYbarbara.firstname.lastname@example.orgHoward Wach, Ph.D . Director, Office of Instructional Technology Bronx Community College/CUNY[email_address] Sarah Morgano Academic Operations Assistant CUNY School of Professional Studies [email_address] Joseph Ugoretz, Ph.D. Associate Dean of Teaching, Learning and Technology Macaulay Honors College [email_address] Barbara Walters, Ph.D . ePortfolios Across CUNY AAEEBL 2011