episode 295_pmi certifications and their value for your project management career
out of 5
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Episode 295: PMI Certifications and their Value for Your Project Management Career PMI, PMP, CAPM, PgMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-SP, PMI-RMP and PMBOK are trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc. PMI has not endorsed and did not participate in the development of this publication. PMI does not sponsor this publication and makes no warranty, guarantee or representation, expressed or implied as to the accuracy or content. Every attempt has been made by OSP International LLC to ensure that the information presented in this publication is accurate and can serve as preparation for the PMP certification exam. However, OSP International LLC accepts no legal responsibility for the content herein. This document should be used only as a reference and not as a replacement for officially published material. Using the information from this document does not guarantee that the reader will pass the PMP certification exam. No such guarantees or warranties are implied or expressed by OSP International LLC.
- 2. 2 This Interview with Frank Schettini was recorded at the PMI Global Congress 2014 in Phoenix, Arizona. Frank Schettini is the Vice President of Information Technology for the Project Management Institute (PMI). But our interview has nothing to do with IT whatsoever. Instead, we focus on PMI's suite of professional certifications and their value to project managers in their careers. We begin by discussing the 30th anniversary of the Project Management Professional (PMP) credential and if the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) will ever overtake the PMP certificate. Then we switch gears and look at the talent triangle (which encompasses your technical skills, leadership and business acumen) and how the trend for "fast, online PDUs" is a bit counter to the central concept of the triangle. We close our discussion by taking a detailed look at both the Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP) and the PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA).
- 3. 3 At the PMI Global Congress 2014 in Phoenix, Arizona
- 4. 4 To listen to this Interview you may download the audio at: Episode 295: http://ec.libsyn.com/p/5/8/1/58189065875e61e5/PM_Podcast_295_2014_11_14_f rank_schettini.mp3?d13a76d516d9dec20c3d276ce028ed5089ab1ce3dae902ea1d0 6ca8730d5c85da5b5&c_id=7847075 Subscribe to The PM Podcast in iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/project-management-podcast/id79900698#
- 5. This Podcast Interview is brought to you by: http://www.project-management- podcast.com/ 5
View more >