ENZYMES IN YOUR NOTEBOOK. ENZYMES: DIFFERENCE: CATALYST: 4 THINGS THAT CHANGE AN ENZYME: ENZYME MODEL:
out of 9
Post on 24-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- ENZYMES IN YOUR NOTEBOOK. ENZYMES: DIFFERENCE: CATALYST: 4 THINGS THAT CHANGE AN ENZYME: ENZYME MODEL:
- Slide 2
- WHAT IS AN ENZYME? Biological catalyst or assistants to carry out chemical reactions Consist of Various types of proteins
- Slide 3
- DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OTHER PROTEINS AND ENZYMES? Enzymes speed reactions by lower activation energy while other proteins do not. ENZYMES usually end in -ASE
- Slide 4
- CATALYST IS AN Assistant
- Slide 5
- CATALYST REACTANTS Chemicals transformed without the help of an enzyme (no push) SUBSTRATE Chemical that are transformed to help the enzyme
- Slide 6
- 4 THINGS THAT CHANGE ENZYMES Temperature pH Substrate Energy
- Slide 7
- ABSENCE OF ENZYME PKU (Phenylketonuria) Tay Sachs:(enzyme deficiency) lack of production of enzymes
- Slide 8
- THANK GOODNESS FOR PENICILLIN
- Slide 9
- ASSIGNMENT To make your own ENZYME MODEL
View more >
ENZYMES ENZYME STRUCTURE ENZYME Enzymes are proteins that speed up chemical reactions. (catalyst) Enzymes are proteins that speed up chemical reactions.
Enzymes. What are Enzymes? Enzymes are proteins. An enzyme is a catalyst. They speed up reactions that take place in your body. Enzymes are proteins.
Enzymes: Helper Protein molecules What are enzymes? An enzyme is a biological catalyst that makes chemical reactions in cells possible.
Enzyme Review Enzymes are. Enzymes work by. Environmental factors that effect enzyme activity are. Enzymes are. Enzymes work by. Environmental factors.
Enzymes A protein catalyst Enzymes are important proteins found in living things. An enzyme is a protein that changes the rate of a chemical reaction.
Enzymes Jennifer Naples Biology. What is an Enzyme? An enzyme is a biological catalyst What is a catalyst? Something that makes a chemical reaction happen.
1 Amino Acids, Proteins, and Enzymes Enzymes Enzyme Action Factors Affecting Enzyme Action Enzyme Inhibition.
ENZYMES A catalyst Is a chemical agent that speeds up a reaction without being consumed by the reaction An enzyme is an organic catalyst Enzymes are.
Enzymes - Blue Valley temperature for two enzymes Optimal pH for pepsin (stomach enzyme) ... of an activator stabilizes the active form of the enzyme. ... Enzyme 3 Enzyme 4
1 Enzymes. Objectives What are enzymes ? Properties of enzymes Classification Factors Affecting Enzyme Action Enzyme Kinetics.