Electronic Lab Notebooks - IdeaLab
out of 19
Post on 01-Dec-2014
- 1. Electronic lab notebooks in biomedical research Rory Macneil Axiope Idealab Bio-data day Edinburgh 1 June 2010
- 2. Electronic lab notebooks in biomedical research What is an electronic lab notebook? Why use an electronic lab notebook? An ELN in action some examples What problem does an electronic lab notebook solve?
- 3. What is an electronic lab notebook? Wikipedia Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! A software program designed to replace paper lab notebooks
- 4. What is an electronic lab notebook? A simple tool for taking notes online Evernote Appeals to postdocs and grad students
- 5. What is an electronic lab notebook? A collaborative research platform Wikis Appeal to PIs
- 6. What is an electronic lab notebook? A wiki with structure . . . Would appeal to everyone in the lab
- 7. What problem does an electronic lab notebook solve? We generate a wide diversity of types of data sets. The challenge is coordinating those types of data sets that fit together, keeping them contained within projects, because the data sets are derived from different people within the lab. We have a large number of people coming in and out of the lab, the challenge is keeping track of that data and integrating it in with data from existing projects
- 8. Why use an electronic lab notebook to solve the problem? The great thing about the eCAT electronic lab notebook is, its incredibly flexible in terms of how you can set it up.
- 9. Why use an electronic lab notebook ? We use eCAT as a cataloguing and archiving retrieval system. We can keep catalogues of resources and protocols up to date and exchange that very effectively between lab members
- 10. Why use an electronic lab notebook ? It was a major surprise . . . Transferring to an electronic lab notebook format is very easy
- 11. Why use an electronic lab notebook? Because its web-based you can access eCAT from anywhere
- 12. Why use an electronic lab notebook? And the mystery source is . . .
- 13. Why use an electronic lab notebook? Mike Shipston
- 14. Records with structure An electronic lab notebook in action I
- 15. Build your own database An electronic lab notebook in action II
- 16. Controlled sharing Image advanced permissions page An electronic lab notebook in action III
- 17. Focused communication An electronic lab notebook in action IV
- 18. A familiar interface An electronic lab notebook in action V
- 19. Thank you Questions?
View more >
Electronic Lab Notebooks (ELN) - Lab Notebooks ... yRecords Management / Retention yReports yNuGenesis Integration ... A system that is referencing and structuring all data
Electronic lab notebooks Waving goodbye to the paper Goodbye to The Paper Lab Book_tcm18... · pharma…
Lab notebooks and lab reports - Welcome to ... notebooks and lab reports.pdf · or laboratory manual.…
CH 361/CH 361H Lecture Lab Notebooks, Melting Points ... 361... · Lab Notebooks, Melting Points, Recrystallization…
Smart Electronic Laboratory Notebooks for the NIST ... ? Â· The smart electronic laboratory notebooks described in ... evolution and convergence of several ... Smart Electronic Laboratory Notebooks for the NIST ...
RDAP 16 Poster: Measuring adoption of Electronic Lab Notebooks and their impact on research data management practices
Mass & Volume Lab In your lab notebooks, complete the following: In your lab notebooks, complete the following: Problem Statement/Research Question Problem.