electronic commerce: emerging trends and technology
out of 22
Post on 30-Apr-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Electronic Commerce: Emerging Trends and Technologies
- 2. The Enterprise
- 3. A Typical E-Commerce Model
- 4. Example of Some Problems
- 5. Major Problems at present with e-Commerce
- 1. Lack of systems integration inside corporations
- 2. Inability to exchange information between corporations
- 3. Inability to access or integrate with other business
- 6. Typical Organization
- 7. Current Solutions
- 1. New and improved App servers
- 2. Just figure it out as you go
- 3. UNICODE
- 4. Messy converters, data manipulation by hand
- 5. EDI, Bury your head in the sand (What problem??)
- 8. So What Would Make A Good E- Business
- Integrating the Enterprises Data Space
- Making Systems Aware of each other
- Ubiquitous communication
- Easy support of new and emerging technologies
- Exposing Business processes or Logic to create Federated applications and Component based businesses
- 9. Emerging Solutions
- Internet EDI, XML, ebXML, XML-RPC, WDDX etc
- New and improved structures and ways of transmitting Data, Agents etc
- E-Commerce is a new paradigm based on traditional ways of doing business. Completely new approaches
- REDIX and Bablefish
- XML, XML/EDI
- 10. Example Of a Integrated E-Business
- 11. Spectra For EAI ColdFusion and Spectra can be used as the Glue to make Enterprise Application Integration Happen!!!!!
- 12. Before You Start
- What are the business processes.
- Who owns them.
- What is the Data Space in which your processes function?
- Do you need to just interface or do real integration? If so do you need to reengineer your processes.
- Be sure to consider the potential advantages of true EAI.
- 13. ERP and Other Application Interfaces
- Messaging Interface.
- Internal File Formats.
- Internal Data Base
- 14. EDI A Quick Review
- Exchange of fixed structured information between two organizations computer systems.
- According to Industry Standardized formats that are pre-defined.
- Both batch and real-time processing modes supported.
- Door-to-door processing
- 15. EDI the Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- Industry wide standards
- Formalized process flows
- Open standards
- Secure and legal interchanges
- Available tools and service providers
- Proven business benefits
- Implementation Mechanics
- Maintaining and Updating the Standards
- Cost of Implementation, steep on-ramp
- Time to Implement
- No provision for process and information exchange, data and structure only
- 16. The UGLY!!!!
- ISA*00* *00* *08*JCPenny111 *ZZ*test22222 *971107*1220*U*00302*112240001*1*P*@
- NTE**GOODS SHIPPED PER EDI ORDERS SUBJECT TO JCP
- NTE**WHOLESALE CONTRACT/LISTINGS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- TD5*****ALL WEIGHTS PEPS-RIDGF
- N3*JCPENNEY CO*HWY 1 SECTOR LAMUDA
- PID*F*08***KAK S/S PRINT CAMP
- 17. Lets Talk About XML The Buzzword for 1999 and the year 2000
- 18. XML Technology at a Glance Users can define their own tags SGML XML HTML Well Formed Document: Aston MartinDB687Dark Green525000 DTD: Document Type Definition ]> The tags indicate the meaning of the marked sections
- 19. XML
- 20. An XML/EDI Use Model
- 21. Agent Based Interactions
- XML attributes, lists, codes
- Catalogue interactions
- Repository API interactions
- Bot Central on the Web and Agent tools
- http://www. cs . umbc . edu /agents/technology/ asl . shtml
- 22. The Dream
- Total Integration Of the Data Space
- Exposing of Business logic and Data
- Agents and the Aware Network
View more >
Copyright 1998, Granularity Information Architecture, Inc. Electronic Commerce: Emerging Trends and Technologies
AN EMERGING VISION OF INTERNET-ENABLED SUPPLY CHAIN ELECTRONIC sa_hashemi/My Teachings/MS-CEIT-Supp2009-04-18“An Emerging Vision of Internet-Enabled Supply Chain Electronic Commerce.” International Journal of Electronic Commerce 4(4):
1 CHAPTER 4: ELECTRONIC COMMERCE & ELECTRONIC BUSINESS CHAPTER 4: ELECTRONIC COMMERCE & ELECTRONIC BUSINESS
Chapter 5 Electronic Commerce. Electronic Commerce & Electronic Business Electronic Commerce (EC): Commercial transactions between buyers and sellers