efma - christophe langlois "banking 2.0: ugc, social media & web 2.0"
Post on 26-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. User Generated Content a Big opportunity, not a major Risk Christophe Langlois, Founder Visible-Banking.com [email_address] Online financial services 2007 - Towards financial web 2.0 Thursday 29 November 2007, Barcelona
2. My objectives today
- Towards Financial web 2.0
- How can we take advantage of new technologies to create richer customer interactions?
- What is the impact of Web 2.0 social networks on financial services?
- Social Media guidelines
- Panorama of some banking 2.0 initiatives
Christophe Langlois, Visible-Banking.com 3. Visible-Banking.com: Banking 2.0
- My goals
- Urge banks to leverage web 2.0
- Share my passion about social media
- Monitor key trends & blogs
- Review social media initiatives
- Interview industry experts & CEOs
- Speak or cover leading conferences
Reviews Categories Christophe Langlois, Visible-Banking.com 4. Visible-Banking.com: Interviews 2.0
- Event coverage
- Interviews 2.0
- 39 interviews (26/11/07): Social Networking Personal Finance, Social Lending, Virtual Worlds
Christophe Langlois, Visible-Banking.com 5. MyBankSucks.com 2.0
- Having angry customers, not a new trend
- The scale & the pace have changed
- Web 1.0: Chat rooms, Forums, websites
- Web 2.0: blogs, rss feeds, videos/youtube
- Web 2.0: giving the power to people
- Client expectation has changed
- People will always find a way: show you care!
- Facebook / HSBC for students
Christophe Langlois, Visible-Banking.com 6. Different web 2.0 projects, different risks
- James Gardner, Head of Innovation, Lloyds TSB
- Innovation is risky, yes but it can be managed as any other investment portfolios.And bankers are experts in risk management.
- There are 4 main types of web 2.0 projects
- Behind the Firewall Intranet 2.0
- Secure / Private: for clients
- Public: B-to-B
- Public: B-to-C
Christophe Langlois, Visible-Banking.com 7. Socialnetworking: facebook or not facebook
- What is your goal?
- Why would you reinvent the wheel?
- Key challenges
- create a trusted network
- reach a critical mass of users
- engage them, urge them to contribute and recommend your platform
- Potential solutions
- tap into facebook?
- market your service in a timely fashion
- reward your members!
Your own network Leading networks Christophe Langlois, Visible-Banking.com 8. Blogging: be honest, moderate & respond
- Key questions
- What do people say?
- Does it matter?
- What should I do?
- Did it work?
- Set up a reliable moderation process
- Dedicate resources to
- Post content
- Monitor the blogosphere, comment bad & good posts
- Key strategies
- Strongly branded vs discrete powered by logo
- Editorial team vs UGC
- Blog only vs online community
Christophe Langlois, Visible-Banking.com 9. Virtual Worlds: provide richer experiences
- 3D internet helps provide richer experience
- Virtual worlds are becoming part of a global communication mix
- Key questions
- What is your goal?
- Who are you targeting?
- Which metaverse? - Beyond Second Life -
- Bring your clients into these spaces
- Key goals: test new product ideas & environments, enhance cust. support, recruit, encourage collaboration, foster innovation
- Useful Behind The Firewall (BTW)
Christophe Langlois, Visible-Banking.com 10. Personal Finance & Social Lending Christophe Langlois, Visible-Banking.com 11. Wells Fargo: the bank 2.0, today
- VP Social Media
- Virtual worlds: StageCoach Island (SCI)
- Social networking: SCI MySpace page
- Flash / tutorial: Handsonbanking.com
- Blogging: 4 blogs, the Student LoanDown
- Personal Finance: MySpendingReport
- Video: Centerstage, UG video promotion
Christophe Langlois, Visible-Banking.com Blogs Video promotion 12. Wells Fargo: StageCoach Island - upgraded
- Initially launched on SL in 2005
- Teach young adults about financial literacy in a fun and engaging way
- Buy virtual land and build homes
- Get virtual mortgages
- Open virtual checking accounts
- Apply for virtual credit cards
- Secure virtual jobs
- Wed like to offer you, along with some other prominent bloggers, a personal guided tour of the island.
Christophe Langlois, Visible-Banking.com 13. UGC & Web 2.0: a Big opportunity Christophe Langlois, Visible-Banking.com 14. Top blogs about innovation & banking 2.0
- Digital money Forum
- Chris Skinner on finextra community blogs
Christophe Langlois, Visible-Banking.com 15. User Generated Content a Big opportunity, not a major Risk Christophe Langlois, Founder Visible-Banking.com [email_address] Online financial services 2007 - Towards financial web 2.0 Thursday 29 November 2007, Barcelona