educational and biographical information curriculum vitae july 2020 _____ educational and...
Post on 24-Jul-2020
Embed Size (px)
Joseph E. Glass
EDUCATIONAL AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute (previously Group Health Research
1730 Minor Ave, Suite 1600
Seattle, WA 98101-1466
Ph.D., Washington University in St. Louis, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, St.
Louis, MO, 2009 to 2012
M.S.W., University of Michigan, School of Social Work, Ann Arbor, MI, 2004 to 2005
Specialization: Interpersonal Practice in Mental Health
B.S., Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, 2000 to 2004
Washington State Social Worker Independent Clinical License # LW60780913 (2017-Present)
State of Michigan Licensed Master Social Worker #6801088479 (2009-Present)
Associate Investigator (Scientific Investigator II), Kaiser Permanente Washington Health
Affiliate Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, School of
Medicine, University of Washington, 2018-Present
Affiliate Assistant Professor, Department of Health Services, School of Public Health, University
of Washington, 2018-Present
Assistant Professor, Department of Health Systems Science, Kaiser Permanente Bernard J.
Tyson School of Medicine, 2020-Present
Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Research on Poverty, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2012-
Assistant Investigator (Scientific Investigator I), Kaiser Permanente Washington Health
Research Institute, 2016-2019
Assistant Professor (Tenure-track), University of Wisconsin-Madison, School of Social Work,
Research Associate (Without compensation), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Puget Sound
Health Care System, 2017-2019
Research Investigator (Without compensation), William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans
Graduate Research Assistant, Washington University, Department of Psychiatry (Under
Kathleen K. Bucholz, PhD), St. Louis, MO, 2010 to 2012
Graduate Research Assistant, Washington University, Brown School (Under Enola K. Proctor,
PhD), St. Louis, MO, 2010 to 2012
Intermittent Consultant/Health Services Research Specialist, VA Serious Mental Illness
Treatment Research and Evaluation Center, Ann Arbor, MI, 2009
Psychosocial Research and Evaluation Coordinator, VA Serious Mental Illness Treatment
Research and Evaluation Center, Ann Arbor, MI, 2008 to 2009
Research Intern, Department of Psychiatry (under Stephen T. Chermack, PhD), University of
Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 2008 to 2009
Interim Administrative Officer, Mental Health Service, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System, Ann
Arbor, MI, 2008
Psychiatric Social Worker, Mental Health Service, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System, Ann
Arbor, MI, 2006 to 2009
Intern, Hospital Based Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program, Mental Health Service, VA Ann
Arbor Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, MI, 2005
Papers published or accepted in refereed journals
1. Glass, J.E., Williams, E.C., Oh, H. (In Press). Racial/ethnic discrimination and alcohol use disorder severity among United States adults. Drug and Alcohol Dependence.
2. Chen, J., Glass, J.E., Bensley, K.M., Goldberg, S.B., Lehavot, K., & Williams, E.C. (In press). Racial/Ethnic and Gender Differences in Receipt of Brief Intervention among Patients
with Unhealthy Alcohol Use in the U.S. Veterans Health Administration. Journal of
Substance Abuse Treatment.
3. Fortuna, K.L., Muralidharan, A., Goldstein, C.M., Venegas, M., Brooks, J.M., Glass, J.E., Marsch, L.A. (In press). Certified Peer Specialists’ Perspective of the Barriers and
Facilitators to Mobile Health Engagement. Journal of Technology in Behavioral Science.
4. Oh, H., Glass, J.E., Narita, Z., Sinha, S., & Jacob, L. (In press). Discrimination and Multimorbidity among Black Americans: Findings from the National Survey of American
Life. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities. PMID: 32458345.
5. Yeung K, Richards JE, Lozano P, Goemer E, Lee AK, Achtmeyer C, Ludman E, Glass, J.E., Caldeiro R, Parrish R, Bradley KA. (In press). The Cost of Behavioral Health Integration
Implementation using Practice Facilitation in a Large Primary Care Delivery System. Health
6. Richards JE, Shortreed S, Glass JE, Simon G, Penfold R, Ziebell R, Williams EC. Association between Patterns of Alcohol Use and Risk of Suicide Attempt among Patients
With and Without Self-Reported Suicidal Ideation. Journal of Addition Medicine. In press.
7. Richards, J.E., Shortreed, S.M., Simon, G.E., Penfold, R.B., Glass, J.E., Ziebell, R., Williams, E.C. (In press). Short-term Risk of Suicide Attempt Associated with Patterns of
Patient-Reported Alcohol Use Determined by Routine AUDIT-C Among Adults Receiving
Mental Healthcare. General Hospital Psychiatry.
8. Lapham G.T., Boudreau D.M., Johnson E.A., Bobb J.F., Matthews A.G., McCormack J.F., Liu D., Samet J.H., Saxon A.J., Campbell C.I., Glass J.E., Rossom R.C., Murphy M.T.,
Binswanger I.A., Yarborough B.H., PROUD Collaborative Authors, Bradley K.A. (In press).
Prevalence and Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder Among Primary Care Patients in Six
Health Systems. Drug and Alcohol Dependence.
9. Frost, M.C., Glass, J.E., Bradley, K.A., & Williams, E.C. (In press). Documented brief intervention associated with reduced linkage to specialty addictions treatment in a national
sample of VA patients with unhealthy alcohol use with and without alcohol use disorders.
10. Richards J.E., Bobb J.F., Lee A.K., Lapham G.T., Williams E.C., Glass J.E., Ludman E., Achtmeyer C., Caldeiro R.M., Oliver M., Bradley K.A. (2019). Integration of screening,
assessment, and treatment for cannabis and other drug use disorders in primary care: An
evaluation in three pilot sites. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 201:134-141. PMID:
11. Goldberg, S.B., Simpson, T.L., Lehavot, K. Katon, J.G., Chen, J.A., Glass, J.E., Schnurr, P.P., Sayer, N.A., & Fortney, J.C. (2019). Mental health treatment delay: A comparison
among civilians and veterans of different service eras. Psychiatric Services. 70(5):358-366.
12. Bensley, K.M., Fortney, J., Chan, G., Dombrowski, J.C., Ornelas, I., Rubinsky, A.D., Lapham, G.T., Glass, J.E., Williams, E.C. (2019). Differences in Receipt of Alcohol-Related
Care across Rurality among VA Patients Living with HIV and Unhealthy Alcohol Use.
Journal of Rural Health. 35(3):341-353. PMID: 30703856.
13. Hermes, E., Lyon, A., Schueller, S. Glass, J.E. (2019). Measuring the implementation of behavioral intervention technologies: a recharacterization of established outcomes. Journal of
Medical and Internet Research. 21(1): e11752. PMID: 30681966.
14. Glass, J.E., Bobb, J.F., Lee, A.K., Richards, J.E., Lapham, G.T., Ludman, E., Achtmeyer, C., Williams, E.C., Caldeiro, R.M., Parrish, R., Williams, E.C., Lozano, P., Bradley, K.A.
(2018). Study protocol: a cluster randomized trial implementing Sustained Patient-centered
Alcohol-related Care (SPARC Trial). Implementation Science. 13 (1): 108. PMID: 30081930.
15. Glass J.E., & Williams, E.C. (2018). The future of research on alcohol health disparities: a health services research perspective. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 79 (2): 322-
324. PMID: 29553364.
16. Lapham G.T., Lee A.K., Caldeiro R.M., Glass J.E, Carrell D.S., Richards J.E., Bradley K.A. (2018). Prevalence of behavioral health conditions across frequency of cannabis use among
adult primary care patients in Washington State. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 33
(11): 1833-1835. PMID: 29992423.
17. Lehavot, K., Goldberg, S.B., Chen, J.A., Katon, J.G., Glass, J.E., Fortney, J.C., Simpson, T.L., & Schnurr, P.P. (2018). Do trauma type, stressful life events, and social support explain
women veterans' high rates prevalence of PTSD? Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric
Epidemiology. 53 (9): 943-953. PMID: 29936598.
18. Brown, R.T, Deyo, B., Riley, C., Quanbeck, A., Glass, J.E., Turpin, R., Hetzel, S., Nicholas, C., Cruz, M., & Agarwal, S. (2017). Screening in Trauma for Opioid Misuse Prevention
(STOMP): study protocol for the development of an opioid risk screening tool for victims of
injury. Addiction Science & Clinical Practice. 12 (1): 28. PMID: 29198186. PMCID:
19. Lehavot, K., Blosnich, J.R., Glass, J.E., & Williams, E.C. (2017). Alcohol use and receipt of alcohol screening and brief intervention in a representative sample of sexual minority and
heterosexual adults receiving health care. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 179: 240-246.
20. Williams E.C., Gupta S., Rubinsky A.D., Jones-Webb R., Bensley K.M., Glass J.