pl2235 2009 hot potatoes
out of 12
Post on 13-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONHot Potatoes lesson for PL2235 students
- 1. 24 May 2009
- 2. Hot Potatoes
- The Hot Potatoes suite includes six applications, enabling you to create interactive
- matching/ordering and
- gap-fill exercises for the World Wide Web.
- 3. Hot Potatoes
- Exercises can also be printed.
- Users can use The Masher to create index page.
- Hence, it is a WYSIWYG webpage creator.
- It allows you to embed audio files, videos and images.
- 4. Hot Potatoes
- Hot Potatoes was created by the Research and Development team at the University of Victoria Humanities Computing and Media Centre.
- Commercial aspects of the software are handled by Half-Baked Software Inc.
- 5. Hot Potaoes
- Students get feedback and marks interactively.
- Teachers can limit answering time.
- 6. Is it a freeware?
- Hot Potatoes is not freeware, but it is free of charge for those working for publicly-funded non-profit-making educational institutions, who make their pages available on the web. Other users must pay for a license.
- 7. Further information
- Hot Potatoes is free for use by individuals working for state-funded educational institutions which are non-profit making, on the condition that the material you produce using the program is freely available to anyone via the WWW. However, you need to purchase a license under any of the following conditions:
- You are working for a company or corporation, or an educational institution which is not state-funded.
- You are in business for yourself.
- You charge money for access to the material you make with Hot Potatoes.
- You do not make the material freely available through the WWW.
- 8. Exploring Hot Potaoes
- JCloze, JCross and JQuiz.
- JMix and JMatch.
- 9. PL2235 ICT in EL Teaching Create a standard exercise Create a drag and drop exercise Configuration setup
- 10. How to create them? PL2235 ICT in EL Teaching
- 11. PL2235 ICT in EL Teaching
- 12. References
View more >