Post on 25-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Online Orientation Spring 2009 By Linda Delzeit-McIntyre
2. Important Details to Write Down
- Campus Web Site:http://lattc.edu
- Moodle Site:http://moodle.lattc.edu
- Online Coordinator:Linda Delzeit-McIntyre
- Assistant: Dana Dugan
- Office: L-270
- Spring term begins Monday, Feb. 9 and ends Friday, June 8.
3. Adding Closed Online Classes
- Use email ID in SIS (update it)
- Send email to Instructor requesting add
- Instructor forwards to Registration
- Registration adds ONLY IF:
- Same email ID as in SIS
- No holds or missing Pre-Req
- Registration emails instructor & student
- Alternative: get email approval by instructor to add and forward to online office:[email_address]and a add permit will be taken to the A&R for you.
4. What is Expected of Students
- Students Expected to visitclass home page .
- Students expected to know how to useStudent Information Systemand to know PIN.
- Students need to have current email id in Student Information System.
- Students expected to usecampus email .
- Students expected to drop themselves.
- Students expected to do work each week as assigned.
5. What Student Should Expect
- Students should expect instructor to respond each week with grading, directions or other feedback.
- Students should expect a syllabus and assignments to be open.
- Students should expect their accounts to be created within 48 hours of signing up.
6. If You Have Problems
- Contact your instructor
- Report errors, issues inside the class
- Contact Online Coordinator
- If you cant get into class, problems with accounts or instructor.
- Contact the Dept. chair
- If the instructor appears to be absent.
7. Using Moodle - General
- Allow Pop-ups turn off the blocker
- Allow Cookies
- Directions for the above are available in technology resources web page
- No spaces in file names if you plan to upload a file.
- Convert all word processing files to .doc or .rtf
8. Safety Concerns
- Never give out personal contact information.
- Never meet a class mate at a resident.Always meet in a public location and take a friend the first time.
- Report any uncomfortable contact or discourteous communication.
9. Online Student Services
- Live Chat Registration, Counseling, and Transfer Center
- Online Writing Center assistance
- Online Academic Advising services
- Must use campus email for services
10. Using Moodle
- Logging in (Add to favorites)
- ID = student ID number
- Password = SAME PIN as for SIS(begins Feb. 7)
- Lost PIN for SIS steps to resolving forgotten PIN
- Editing Your Profile (see handout)
- General features of virtual classroom
- Assignments Online
- Assignments Upload
- Message Center
11. Campus Email
- Set up nickname and accept district user policy
- Accept Google User Policy
- Email account set up #1 set nickname for receiving emails.
- Email account set up #2 set nickname for sending emails.
12. Google Docs for Class Work
- Google docs can be used for group projects.
- Google docs can be used for Online Writing Center tutoring