ISWO FEB-2014 Welcome
These slides are used for the Instructional Skills Workshop Online for the week 1 welcome session. The session is meant as a way for participants to become acquainted and…
- 1. ISWO WELCOME While you are waiting… • Say “Hi!” in the text chat area (left hand side of screen) • Run the 2014 14 February, Audio Setup Wizard to ensure your mic works CC-BY
- 2. Results show by your name in Participants panel Whiteboard Tools
- 3. Audio check in
- 4. Information gathering • Have you used Blackboard Collaborate or a similar tool before? • My favourite ISWO activity so far: A. Everyone’s introductions B. Thinking about my mini-session C. Creating my journal D. The readings • What kind of day is it for you so far? (emoticon)
- 5. SHARE… Something GOOD I have heard, seen, tried, or thought about during about week 1 Something I’m confused or uncertain about right now
- 6. Your learning journal • What format will you use? • Paper • Blog • Evernote • Word Doc • Other… • Weekly journal share…
- 7. Participation self-assessment Do you know what rubric you will use?
- 8. Mini-sessions WEEK TOPIC FACILITATORS 2 Wiki Activity Emily Schudel, Melissa Jakubec (Sylvia Riessner) 3 Duelling Tools Lucas Wright, Shelley McClure (Sylvia Currie) 4 Facilitating Team Work David Batterham, Tamora Davy, Cindy Page (Sylvia Riessner) 5 Assessing Participation Susanna Fawkes, Pamela Fry, Grace Dyck (Sylvia Currie)
- 9. Mini-sessions Have you… • Connected with your partner(s) • Found your “back pocket strategy”? • Been thinking about the learning outcomes you need to work with? • Got everything you need to move forward?
- 10. What we all need to know… • We are all moderators in this space • The room is open 24/7 – link on welcome page • You are welcome to use it any time • You can record your sessions
- 11. Anything else?
- 12. About these slides • These slides were developed for use during the first week of the 5-week Instructional Skills Workshop Online • They are based on work developed at Royal Roads University: http://oer.royalroads.ca/ • Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License • Attribution for images used in these slides can be found in the notes section