editing for meaning
out of 12
Post on 17-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Editing for meaning Prettywoman black cocktail dressBy Kyle, Milly & Tia
- 2. The panning shot of the male protagonist allows theaudience to follow him to see where he will be meetinghis date. Which is obvious as he is walking in to a baralone and its a busy environment.
- 3. Over the shoulder shot shows that this is his date but you dontknow who she is, as she looks a lot different (classy andsophisticated). he is also blurred out which shows you, youshould be focusing on the lady in the black dress.
- 4. The focus pull shows in the first picture the confusion in hisface as he is not sure where his date is, as the women at thebar looks so much different to her in previous scenes. Butthen in the second they have focused on her and himturning to see that this is his date.
- 5. The medium shots show that he has realised who the lady in theblack dress is. It shows his facial expressions, as he is shocked asshe looks so nice. In the picture of the lady the medium shotshows her body language and even though she looks so different,she still doesnt have the mannerism of an upper class lady asshe is slouching.
- 6. The zoom in shows that his expression has gone fromshocked, to smirking as he is overwhelmed that she looksso different. It also helps us to see the emotions in his faceas it zooms into a close up.
- 7. Two shot to show they have finally approachedeach other. They have also used a close up toshow how lovely she looks and their bodylanguage when theyre together. This shows thatthey are happy to see each other.
- 8. In this shot we see a close up of the male character.Close ups are used to show emotion and after the midshot before of the two characters the close up thengives us more detail in to how the man is feeling. Thesmug half smile on his face lets us know that he is happywith the fact that he has this woman on his arm.
- 9. This next shot is an establishing shot of the restaurantthe characters are in. it is good that this shot has beenused as it then shows us that they are in an upper classrestaurant. You can tell that it is upper class due to thefact that everyone in this shot is wearing suits or othersmart attire. This helps to let the audience know thatthe characters are of a high status.
- 10. This next shot is an establishing shot of the restaurantthe characters are in. it is good that this shot has beenused as it then shows us that they are in an upper classrestaurant. You can tell that it is upper class due to thefact that everyone in this shot is wearing suits or othersmart attire. This helps to let the audience know thatthe characters are of a high status.
- 11. This shot is a medium two shot. It is good that thisshot is used as it then shows show the bodylanguage of the characters and the relationshipbetween them. From this shot it tells us that theyhave a good relationship due to the fact we see theold mans arm around the other man.
- 12. This shot is a wide angle shot. It is a wide angle shot as we see allof the characters in this scene in the same frame. This is good as itshows us what all of the characters are doing at the same timerather than cutting between scenes. This shot is significant as itshows all the characters sitting down around the table showingthat they are all there together.
View more >
Brief Notes on Editing Concepts. Objectives Explore editing vocabulary Differentiate editing for film versus editing for videotape Compare two basic
Definition Components Advantages Limitations Contents Meaning of Editing Meaning of Editing Editing Cell Contents Editing Cell Contents
For NX100 for Industrial Robot MOTOMAN Job Editing ... For NX100 for Industrial Robot MOTOMAN Job Editing…