ecommerce summit atlanta vendio
Post on 19-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONFrom the eCommerce Summit in Atlanta on June 3-4, 2009 where Michael Levit with Vendio shares strategies to cost effectively sell on eBay, Amazon, your store and more. Find out more at http://www.ecmta.org
- 1. How to Cost Effectively Sell on eBay, Amazon, Your Store and more Michael Levit EVP Sales and Marketing
2. Good News: eCommerce is Huge and Growing Source: eMarketer, May 2008 11% CAGR 3. Bad News: Its Hard to Know Where to Sell Vs.
- The reality is that any merchant selling online will list their items for sale in multiple locationson Amazon, eBay, their own Websites, etc .
- - TechCrunch November, 2008
You + Friends 4. Amazons YoY Growth Certainly Looks Promising Source: Amazon Public Financials and Deutsche Bank 5. Things Look Pretty Good for eBay, Right? Source: eBay Public Financials and Deutsche Bank Auctionwatch Bad 6. What About Selling on Overstock or Other Sites? Vs. 7. eBay and Amazon Jockey but Still Stand Apart Source: Compete.com 521,542 4,103,659 22,451,067 47,638,999 41,156,573 8. Online Shoppers UseMultiple Sources for Purchases 89% 86% 78% 77% 66% 65% 61% 61% 59% 49% Store/ retailer Websites Search Engines Manufacturer Websites User ratings and reviews of products Recommendations (People who bought) Recommendations (recently viewed) Recommendation emails Recommendations (People who viewed) Recommendations (Best sellers) Question and answer sites 0% 20% 40% 60% 80% 100% Percentage of Online Researchers 9.
- Lots of options choose a couple methods and do them really well.
- Good news lots of things you can do for free and many resources online.
- Divide and conquer separate tasks into buckets of must have, nice to have, learn nowtry later.
- Automate tasks whenever possible
- Time vs. Cost how much is your time worth?
Focus is so Important in Multichannel Selling 10. Size Does Matter More People, More Channels Purchasing Inventory Management ChannelManagement Order Management Customer Management Promotions 11.
- Research what will sell, ASPs, and conversion rates
- Acquire Items/ inventory
- Warehouse/ Store stock
- Create mini-P&Ls
- Research competitors
- Manage IT so you are ready to get products into the market (import and export from multiple channels)
- Purchasing and Channel Management
- Photograph items and upload and manage images
- Acquire detailed content (i.e, write and edit descriptions and keywords) Did you spell check?
- Create new and differentiated templates
- Analyze sales trends
- Tag items and photographs
Rank, Prioritize and Automate Day-to-Day Tasks 12.
- Promotions and Channel Management (Continued)
- Select desired selling features for each product or group of products
- Monitor pricing and performance and make adjustments over sales lifecycle
- Drive traffic to your own store - Send emails to customers for repeat purchases
- Create coupons and distribute them
- Cross-sell similar products
- Up sell products in check-out
- Develop your brand and persona
- Communicate with prospective buyers answering questions
- Schedule and replace sold items in the market
- Order and Customer Management
- Decrement Inventory
- Receive and process payments
- Calculate taxes and shipping amounts
- Create shipping labels and invoices and contact shipper
- Pick and pack purchased item(s)
- Email buyer with sales details
Rank, Prioritize and Automate Day-to-Day Tasks 13. Manage one set of inventory from one dashboard, across your Vendio store and if you choose other channels such as eBay, Amazon, Google (CSE). Automation Example Inventory Management Vendio Stores feature full Inventory Management.Easily add and remove items for sale.We offer post-sale functionality such as automating coupons to your past bidders. 14. Automation Example Purchasing Research 15. Automation Example Customer Management Promote both your own store and your eBay store. Drive more sales by cross-selling your other items. Build your mailing list and increase repeat sales. Personalized thank you emails sent automatically to all bidders & buyers Increase communication feedback while saving time on manual emails with custom message. 16.
- Marketplace Selling
- Store Selling
- Google, Google, Google
- Email Marketing and Couponing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Social Media
- Comparison Shopping Engines (CSEs)/
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Dont Start Your Store Half Heartedly 17.
- Many Factors to Consider in Choosing a Store Provider:
- Ease of use Getting started quickly and easily without needing an army of IT support
- Templates and presentation styles that allow you to build a beautiful store
- Advanced functionality (i.e, couponing) that unfolds as you need it
- Seamless Item Management across channels
- Third Party Provider Support (Tax, Shipping, Finance, etc.)
- SEO, CSE, and Analytics Support
Choosing the Right Store Platform 18. Build it and They Will Come (or Visit) Choose from dozens of free pre-created templates, or create and upload your own.Free Web hosting on your own domain our well give you a free URL. 19. Automation Example: Integrated Analytics 20. Ensure Promotions are Integrated Too Easily add a Google Analytics snippets to enable site visitor tracking without custom coding Edit the SEO tags for each page using a very user-friendly interface. In SEO, content is king!Add pages of indexed content!