eat sleep social: guide to twitter promoted trends
out of 21
Post on 23-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONTwitter Promoted Trends are a prime spot for awareness on the platform, but all too often they're under utilised or badly managed. This is a short snappy guide with some advice on how to make a little more of it.
- Everything you need to know about twitter trends BROUGHT TO YOU BY
- TWITTER TRENDS GET YOU A PRIME POSITION IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF USERS. JUST PUTTING UP A HASHTAG ISNT ENOUGH, THEY REQUIRE EFFORT AND PLANNING TO REALLY BRING THEM TO LIFE HERE ARE SOME TIPS ON HOW TO DO THAT
- What is a twitter trend? Basically, youre paying to be at the top of the trends list for 24 hrs - midnight to midnight. NO! you cant do a different timeframe NO! you cant have more than one hashtag YES! they do get good results if done right
- Its a bigger budget broadcast space
- What is it good for? You may get some followers but youll get more from it if you focus on Adding social support and awareness for a campaign launch Amplifying a message or social campaign Driving engagement / conversation with a brand
- Is it just a #hashtag? Yes, youll need one and an idea to sit behind it but its not just about that hashtag You want to team it up with promoted tweets and promoted accounts too
- Promoted Tweets = Engagement and amplifying your content Including images gives you much more stand out and has been shown to gain much higher engagement rates
- Promoted accounts = Followers
- Do you just tweet like normal? Its a high exposure moment, so you probably want to put in a little more effort than usual. You want to try and structure a content plan specifically for the day. Most importantly you want great content sat behind it before, during and after.
- Break it down into phases BEFORE ON THE DAY AFTER PHASE 1 PHASE 2 PHASE 3 Midnight to morning, introduction to trend and message Support main message Rotate creative to optimise and reduce fatigue Content to run from midnight, use your main message Competition, optimise using most popular creative Keep an eye out for late responses and follow up with them
- PHASE 1: Groundwork Make sure youve put something behind the hashtag before it goes live. People will be able to see it from midnight - dont waste an opportunity waiting until 9am (or when you turn up to the office) to start populating.
- PHASE 2: Launch A trend starts at midnight, but were guessing you dont want to be up 24 hrs from 12am? Youll probably do the main bulk of the activity when your fans are most active. Its good to split your day into 3 and have lead message and 5 supporting tweets for each part.
- PHASE 3: Maximise Hopefully youve spread the word and had users interacting/sharing/engaging or whatever you set out to do. Again, unless youre staying up to see it through all night you might want to pick out a single key message to stay promoted.
- #FrappuccinoHappyHour A great use of a twitter trend to support a sales promotion Before
- Teasing days in advance - making it more of an occasion for fans and followers to look forward to. Before
- On the day Phase 1 Pre Launch Phase 2 Launch Phase 3 Maximise
- Dont get distracted by the @ Youre running a trend on a hashtag. Constantly check back in on the tweets using it and see what is being said. Lots of people (the majority) might not include your @handle in their use of the hashtag.
- Scheduling can be your friend Scheduling tweets and the content for the day in preparation can be a great help to free you up for pure engagement. But Dont let your trend be left to the automated gods.
- 3 things to remember... 1. Aim for engagement - reach and awareness is built in so try to make the content thats seen as engaging as possible. 2. Dont just rely on the #hashtag - promoted accounts and tweets use promoted accounts and tweets too. 3. Youre in the spotlight for 24hrs - look busy!
- Follow Visit Subscribe For more no-nonsense social
View more >