Early Humans Paleolithic and Neolithic Age. Paleolithic Age (Old Stone Age) 900,000 years ago people migrated out of Africa to Europe and Asia. 900,000.
out of 7
Post on 26-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Early Humans Paleolithic and Neolithic Age
- Slide 2
- Paleolithic Age (Old Stone Age) 900,000 years ago people migrated out of Africa to Europe and Asia. 900,000 years ago people migrated out of Africa to Europe and Asia. Communities Communities Small bands (about 30) lived and worked together Small bands (about 30) lived and worked together Campsites Campsites Lifespan about 25 years Lifespan about 25 years
- Slide 3
- Hunters and Gatherers Hunt for meat, fish Hunt for meat, fish Bare hands, sticks, stones Bare hands, sticks, stones Gathered Gathered Fruit, nuts, berries and eggs Fruit, nuts, berries and eggs
- Slide 4
- Tools & Fire Olduvan pebble tools Olduvan pebble tools Oldest stone tools Oldest stone tools Flakes (chips of stone used as knives) Flakes (chips of stone used as knives) Fire Fire heat, light and to cook food heat, light and to cook food 1. Hand axe (700,000 years old), 2. Modern replica hand axe, 3. Scarper (100,000 years old), 4. Pebble tool (1.8 million years old), 5. Modern Ethnographic spear.
- Slide 5
- Shelter & Clothing Shelter Shelter Pits, overhanging rock and caves Pits, overhanging rock and caves Clothing Clothing Animal skins Animal skins Colder climates Colder climates
- Slide 6
- Language Pointing, hand signals Pointing, hand signals Attach meaning to specific sounds Attach meaning to specific sounds Allowed people to work together Allowed people to work together Share ideas, beliefs and stories Share ideas, beliefs and stories
- Slide 7
- Early Humans Homo Habilis Homo Habilis Skilled man Skilled man Homo Erectus Homo Erectus Walks upright Walks upright Homo Sapiens Homo Sapiens Thinking man Thinking man Two kinds Two kinds Neanderthal and Cro- Magnon Neanderthal and Cro- Magnon
View more >
Mr. Gordon Ancient Structures & SOL Facts. Stonehenge – Paleolithic through the Neolithic Era (Old Stone Age - New Stone Age)
The Paleolithic Age - Hazleton Area High ??Paleolithic Age – “Old Stone Age”, period when humans lived in bands and were hunters and gatherers •Home Territory – The area where a band of
Chapter 3 From Hunters and Gatherers to Farmers The Paleolithic Age is the Old Stone Age The Neolithic Age is the New Stone Age Domesticate means to train.
The Two Stone Ages. Paleolithic Age “Old Stone Age” (~2million BC – 10,000 BC) Evidence suggests humans originated in East Africa and spread throughout.
Paleolithic Period & Neolithic Period. Paleolithic = Old Stone Age 2 million B.C. to 10,000 B.C. The Paleolithic Age is a prehistoric era distinguished.
Early Peoples Mrs. Johnson and Mrs. Agosta 1. The Paleolithic Age or Old Stone Age. A. The first people lived more than two million years ago, originating.
Remember: A humanocentric history is our focus. Paleolithic Age = Old Stone Age = 2 million years - 10,000 years ago Paleo = Old, Lithic = Stone. Beginnings.
Pre-Class Guided Reading: Early Civilizations. Stone Age Paleolithic Period, Mesolithic Period, and Neolithic Period about 3 million years ago.
Part I Workbook - ??CHAPTER 1 The Neolithic Revolution and the Birth of Civilization Chapter Summary. Between the Old Stone Age (Paleolithic) and the New Stone Age (Neolithic)—12,000 to
Historical Periods in Early History. Terms Prehistory Paleolithic Stone Age Neolithic Stone Age Bronze Age Iron Age.
People of the Old Stone Age Hunters & Gatherers People of the Old Stone Age Hunters & Gatherers Aim: What are the characteristics of the Paleolithic Age?
Prehistoric Art Paleolithic (Old Stone Age) 40,000 BCE – 8,000(Near East) or 4,000 (Europe)BCE Neolithic (New Stone Age) 8,000 (Near East) or 4,000 (Europe)BCE.
Paleolithic Age Paleolithic Era – Old Stone Age (~2.6 million years ago – ~10,000 BCE) – Hunter/Gatherer societies Nomadic – Moved from place to place.
CHAPTER 1- SECTION 1 EARLY HUMANS - 1- SECTION 1 EARLY HUMANS PALEOLITHIC NEOLITHIC ... Old Stone Age New Stone Age Lived mostly in caves tent-like shelters Used plants for food.
The Stone Ages Paleolithic Era Neolithic Era. OLD STONE AGE OLD STONE AGE 4.5 million years ago 4.5 million years ago Hominids emerged Hominids emerged.
The Stone Ages Paleolithic - Old Stone Age: 2,500,000 B.C. to 8,000 B.C. Neolithic – New Stone Age: 8,000 to 4,000 B.C.