dyslexia. what is dyslexia? dyslexia is a difficulty with learning to read, write and spell
out of 14
Post on 24-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- What is Dyslexia? Dyslexia is a difficulty with learning to read, write and spell.
- Slide 3
- How the brain works Dyslexia does not mean you are not clever. It means that your brain processes information in a different way which makes reading, writing and spelling difficult.
- Slide 4
- Skills and Talents People with dyslexia can be very creative. They can have good verbal skills (talking) and visual skills(seeing or imagining) They can think outside the box and see problems in 3D, helping them to solve them.
- Slide 5
- Difficulties People with dyslexia can have difficulty reading, taking notes and remembering numbers and names. They can find it difficult to spell and to put things in the right order.
- Slide 6
- This video shows what text can look like for people with dyslexia.
- Slide 7
- Help Identifying dyslexia is the first step to overcoming these problems. After that there are lots of things that can be done to help.
- Slide 8
- Peer Support Classmates can help with reading and writing activities.
- Slide 9
- Visual Learning Mind maps and flow charts can help dyslexics understand topics and remember facts. They can see the information more clearly because it looks like a picture, not a paragraph of words.
- Slide 10
- Clear Instructions Being given instructions one at a time helps people complete tasks.
- Slide 11
- Colour Coloured overlays and coloured paper can help with reading as it can stop words jumping about on the page.
- Slide 12
- ICT Typing on the computer and printing work can be much easier than writing stories.
- Slide 13
- Competition Everyone has the right to help in school if they need it. That is why the RRSA group are talking about Dyslexia today. We are running a Dyslexia Matters poster competition for P3-7. The winner from Mearns Primary will be entered into an East Ren wide competition. The over all winner will have their poster printed and put on display in all East Ren schools.
- Slide 14
- Rules Poster on A4 paper. Must say Dyslexia Matters Must be colourful and informative. Deadline: Monday 15 th December
View more >
with with Dyslexia Information for Adults with Dyslexia Living with Dyslexia Information for Adults with Dyslexia Dyslexia Association of Ireland
Dyslexia - and Dyslexia Sarah Beard Di1as Dyslexia services Dyslexia Dyslexia is a learning diﬃculty that primarily aﬀects the skills involved in accurate and ﬂuent word reading and spelling. CharacterisFc features of dyslexia are
Revised Spell Decks - Devir Amé ?· Revised Spell Decks Arcane Spell Deck + + + + = = = = Cleric Spell…
Www.spellingtutor.co.uk. Spelling Tutor Is a ‘Learn to Spell’ program for students with SEN / SpLD / Dyslexia It assumes the child has great difficulty
The Dyslexia Handbook for Teachers and Parents in doe.sd.gov/Dyslexia/documents/Handbook-17.pdfThe Dyslexia Handbook for Teachers and ... Difficulty breaking words ... Difficulty remembering spelling words over time and applying spelling rules
Specific Learning Difficulties: Dyslexia is one of many labels for a Specific Learning Difficulty. Other Labels for other Learning Difficulties include:
Students with Learning Disabilities Reading. Dyslexia Severe difficulty learning to read Behavioral manifestations of central nervous system deficits