dyslexia awareness week 2014 “dyslexia matters...”
Post on 16-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Dyslexia Awareness Week 2014 Dyslexia Matters...
- Slide 2
- What do you know about dyslexia? What words do you think of when you think about dyslexia? What is dyslexia? 2
- Slide 3
- Slide 4
- Slide 5
- Some children with dyslexia may struggle with Reading Writing Maths Spelling Handwriting Organisation Telling the time
- Slide 6
- Do you know these books?
- Slide 7
- What have these two authors got in common? Both of them have dyslexia Both of them have used their creative side to write books for children Do you like reading? Why not try writing your own book? You could write it about a funny day you had or about your family
- Slide 8
- Do you know anyone with dyslexia? Remember that while they may struggle with some areas, people with dyslexia can find other aspects of learning easier. Why not offer to help them if you know they are struggling? People with dyslexia can be very clever and do amazing things. They are often very creative.
- Slide 9
- What are these people known for?
- Slide 10
- Did you guess? Yes, they were all in Pirates of the Caribbean. But they are also. dyslexic
- Slide 11
- Can you think of anymore famous people with dyslexia?
- Slide 12
- What about these people?
- Slide 13
- Slide 14
- Where to go if you want help? Firstly you should talk to your parents or teachers and dont be afraid to say you are having trouble with something at school If they arent sure what to do, you can ask them to call the British Dyslexia Association helpline on 0333 405 4567 as they can give friendly advice
- Slide 15
- Slide 16
- Useful Resources Understanding Dyslexia: a Guide for Families, 7-11 yearsUnderstanding Dyslexia: a Guide for Families, 7-11 years Understanding Dyslexia: a Guide for Parents, Carers and Young People, secondary yearsUnderstanding Dyslexia: a Guide for Parents, Carers and Young People, secondary years FAQs on the BDA websiteBDA website
- Slide 17
- Thank you! 17
View more >
Children at Leehurst Swan celebrated ‘Dyslexia Awareness Week’ last week. Each department focussed on a dyslexia-friendly activity. Children in the Prep
Indicators and Science Behind Teaching a Student with Dyslexia Dyslexia Professional Awareness Vicki King, M.Ed., CALT, QI Arkansas Department of Education
Identifying dyslexia and other learning problems using dyslexia and other learning problems using LASS . ... phonological awareness, ... that accompany each test are designed to
Dyslexia - and Dyslexia Sarah Beard Di1as Dyslexia services Dyslexia Dyslexia is a learning diﬃculty that primarily aﬀects the skills involved in accurate and ﬂuent word reading and spelling. CharacterisFc features of dyslexia are
Dyslexia Awareness Seeing Through The Mist. Aims and outcomes Aim: To demystify dyslexia and encourage application to own contexts and roles Outcomes
Phonological Awareness and Music - Dyslexia Scotland and Phonological Awareness ... Working with Adults 17 ... What is Phonological Awareness? Phonological awareness is an auditory skill
The Guerrilla Guide - Decoding Dyslex Guerrilla Guide to Dyslexia Awareness ... Team up with local dyslexia testing centers to plan a free dyslexia screening day. Ask a local movie theater to show a
Early Childhood Matters - ?· Early Childhood Matters aims to elevate key issues, spread awareness of…
Moira Finnegan, MS, CCC-SLP Pathologist’s I became interested in dyslexia Neurology of skilled reading Definition of dyslexia Neurology of dyslexia Dyslexia assessment Dyslexia intervention