drawing 12 artists
Post on 18-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
2. 3. Calligraphic Line Graceful, flowing line According to Stanley-Baker : "Calligraphy is sheer life experienced through energy in motion that is registered as traces on silk or paper, with time and rhythm in shifting space its main ingredients". 4.
- Islamic calligraphyis the artistic practice ofhandwriting , orcalligraphy , andbookmaking in the lands sharing a common Islamic cultural heritage. This art form is based on theArabic script , which for a long time was used by all Muslims in their respective languages. They used it to represent God because they denied representing God with images. Calligraphy is especially revered amongIslamic artssince it was the primary means for the preservation of theQur'an . Suspicion of figurative art asidolatrousled to calligraphy and abstract depictions becoming a major form of artistic expression in Islamic cultures, especially in religious contexts. The work of calligraphers was collected and appreciated. Adapted from Wickipedia
5. Islamic calligraphy primarily from Turkey and Iran 6. Illumination 7. 8. Midevil time period - Christianillumination 9.
- East Asian calligraphy is a form ofcalligraphywidely practised and revered inChina ,Japan ,Korea , andVietnam . The East Asian calligraphic tradition originated and developed fromChina . East Asian calligraphy andink and wash paintingare closely related, since accomplished using similar tools and techniques. Chinese painting and calligraphy distinguishes themselves from onther culture's arts by their emphasis on motion, and their charge with dynamic life.Adapted from Wickipedia
10. Chinese writing 11. Calligraphic style of drawing 12. 13. Chinese prints 14. ChineseMidevil Christian brushworkart 15. Japanese drawings 16. Fillipo Brunelleschi1377-1446 Discover of linear perspective Early Renaissance 17. 18. 19. 20. Leonardoda Vinci High Renaissance 21. Leonardo da VinciMona Lisa1506 High Renaissance , ITALY 22. Leonardoda VinciHigh Renaissance 23. Leonardoda VinciHigh Renaissance 24. Vincent Van Gogh Post Impressionist 25. 26. 27. 28. Salvador Dali The Persistence of Memory1931Surrealism 29. Surrealism1924-1930s Salvador Dali (Spanish) Reminiscence Archeologiquete Galatea of the Spheres1952 The Persistance of Memory1931 Landscape with Butterflies 30. Kathe KallowitzExpressionism 31. Kathe KallowitzExpressionism 32. Kathe KallowitzExpressionism 33. M C Escher Hand with Globe, 1935 OP art (optical illusion art) 34. MCEscherOp art 35. MCEscherOp art 36. Albrecht Durer 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. Graffiti style drawing 42. Kara Walker - contemporary artist 43.