dont worry group
Click here to load reader
Post on 30-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. DONT WORRY,BE ___________ Matthew 5:20-48
2. Teaching about Money and Possessions Matthew 6:19-33The New Living Translation 19 Dont store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal.20 Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.21 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be. 22 Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light.23 But when your eye is bad, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is! 3. Matthew 6:19-33 24 No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. 25 That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday lifewhether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isnt life more than food, and your body more than clothing?26 Look at the birds. They dont plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And arent you far more valuable to him than they are?27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 4. Matthew 6:19-33 28 And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They dont work or make their clothing,29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? 5. Matthew 6:19-33 31 So dont worry about these things, saying, What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. 6. TAKE HOME Oh, it is hard to learn this lesson: Money and material goods are not the greatest riches. Even the poorest person can accumulate millions in Kingdom Dollars. To lay hold of Gods best I must learn to loosen my grip on Earths offerings. 7. Lord, help me loosen my grip on things tighten my grip on friends and family and lock my grip on you! Commitment: 8. ANNOUNCEMENTS 9. Worship in Song 10. THE PASSING VALUE OF MATERIAL POSSESSIONSMatt 5:1
- Solomon:I accumulated, collected and experienced all I couldVanity, Vanity!
- Something will get what we have hoarded: Thieves, moths, rust, or Ill leave it behind to those who wont fully appreciate it.
11. Listen to the testimony of Lottery Winners:
- Evelyn Adams
- Bud Post
- Suzzanne Mullins
- Ken Proxmire
- LEO TOLSTOY:How Much Land Does A Man Need?
- DEPOSITS WITH HEAVENS INSURANCE INVESTING IN WHAT WILL OUTLIVE US--Matt 5:20
13. MR. MORE, THE RELENTLESS SLAVE DRIVER
- Mammon worshipers miss lifes best.
- As in Moses day, excess manna turns wormy.
14. GETTING WHAT YOU REALLY WANT
- West Main Rental knows you dont want a drillYou want a hole. Slogan
- Do I want to own a cabin in the mountainsor a space with peace and quiet?
15. GETTING WHAT YOU REALLY WANT
- Do I want a monster savings accountor a deep sense of security.
- What do I really want??
16. GETTING WHAT YOU REALLY WANT
- The problem of Means versus Ends
- Jesus knows what we really want and needand he offers a path to such treasures.
17. COMMUNION! Seek the Kingdom of God above all else 18. Confession: I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God.Jesus is my Lord and Savoir. 19. Worship in Song 20. HAPPINESS AND PEACEWHEN WE LEARN TO BE GIVERS!
- Godliness and contentment = great wealth!--1 Timothy 6:6-12
- What we want is a sense of significance and valueof human dignity.
- We want significance, not prominence.
21. WHO IS HAPPY?
- Americans are the 16th happiest in the world.
- Nigerians are number one.
- Whats that all about??
22. Gregg Easterbrook: The Progress Paradox: How Life Gets Better While People Feel Worse
- Life Expectancy dramatically increased
- Actual buying power doubled since the 60s
- Far Healthier
- Clinically depressed people have increased 10X since WWII
- New York Times Magazine: we overestimate the intensity and duration of emotion reactions to experiences and new possessions.
Why Arent We More Happy?? 24. Why Arent We More Happy??
- We give in to the basic desires yet sink deeper and deeper into self-indulgenceand feel worse and worse about ourselves.Chuck Colson
- Jesus offers the answer!It is better to give than to receive.
25. THE FLIP SIDE WHEN LESS IS MORE
- Story of Dois Rosser
- Retired Car Dealer
- Immense Wealth
- Started a Ministry Building Churches Around the World
- Family Chose To Continue That Ministry Rather than inherit his wealth!
- Laying Up Treasures in Heaven, Indeed!!
26. LAY UP TREASURES IN HEAVEN
- Focus on helping God enlarge his Kingdomevangelism, witnessing
- Invest your life in Kingdom work.Finances, Time, Relationships,
- Make plans for your estate to benefit Missions, Church Planting or Compassion Groups (Willie Daws, Wilson Family
27. LAY UP TREASURES IN HEAVEN
- Walk with Jesus and invest your time in helping others get on the Jesus Trail
- Live Simply
- Seek Gods direction
28. Worship in Song 29. PRAYER & PRAISE 30. Worship in Song 31. Your Offering: Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. --Jesus 32. Worship in Song 33. TAKE HOME Oh, it is hard to learn this lesson: Money and material goods are not the greatest riches. Even the poorest person can accumulate millions in Kingdom Dollars. To lay hold of Gods best I must learn to loosen my grip on Earths offerings. 34. Lord, help me loosen my grip on things tighten my grip on friends and family and lock my grip on you! Commitment: 35. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. --Jesus Go and help others know Jesus.