dont just tell it - sell it! marketing employee benefits
of 27 /27
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Dont Just Tell It Sell It! Market Your Employee Benefits Paul Barton, ABC, and Bruce K. Richardson
- 2. Marketing vs. Educating
- 3. Marketing Rocks! 60% 40%
- 4. Why Take This Approach? + Attraction + Retention + Participation + Engagement
- 5. 1 4 Perception vs. Reality 2 3 RichnessofPlan Communication Effectiveness
- 6. What It Is Not Company Picnic!!!! Open Enrollment!!!! 7 Financial seminar!!! BELIEVE M E!!!! Underline bold ALL CAPS!!!!
- 7. 5 Immutable Laws of Marketing Communication 1. Unless it is believed a message has no worth. 2. What is important isnt always interesting. 3. Timing is crucial to message effectiveness. 4. There are costs associated with not communicating. 5. Its more important to win hearts than minds.
- 8. Facts cause us to think, but emotion causes us to take action.
- 9. Aristotles Theory of Persuasion
- 10. Communication Steps to Action ACTION
- 11. Communication Steps to Action ACTION Facts to Emotion
- 12. Communication Steps to Action ACTION Facts to Emotion Text Charts Infographics Video StorytellingPhotos
- 13. Stories are Data for the Soul Stories trigger emotional responses. Engaging the brain makes stories more memorable.
- 14. Strategy vs. Tactic Timeless Strategy: Sneak Attack 2015 1776
- 15. Communication vs. Communications
- 16. 5 Key Communication Strategies 1. Make it personal 2. Include spouses as an audience 3. Leverage vendor resources 4. Make information available on demand 5. Use content experts 6. Tie benefits to corporate strategies
- 17. Make It Personal The WIIFM filter (relatable) Limit TLA/FLAs and talk to OHBs Tap into emotion (storytelling) Make information portable Package employee discounts Use modeling
- 18. Include Spouses as an Audience Speak to them in the content Send it home (apps, internet access) Invite them to benefits fair, open enrollment meetings Collateral (refrigerator magnets)
- 19. Leverage Vendor Resources Coordinate timing of messages Branded look and feel Brand language Review contracts Seek best practices
- 20. Make Information Available On Demand Online and searchable Lifecycle Kits Scalable websites / flat design Cloud-based Apps Global audience
- 21. Use Content Experts Brown bag lunch talks Blogs and podcasts Leverage vendor resources
- 22. Tie to Corporate Strategies Mirror language from corporate objectives Senior business leader support Corporate Social Responsibility
- 23. Package benefits for impact Get credit by branding everything Look for emotional value proposition Be creative Benefits Marketing Ideas
- 24. The Winning Marketing Trio Emotional Touch my heart Novel Something New Memorable Great Content