do work you love - workshop 1: "escape your blockers"
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
- DO WORK YOU LOVE WORKSHOP ONE Escape Your Blockers
- MY OBJECTIVES SELF-SABOTAGE ACTION PLAN SELF-AWARENESS LIKEMINDED PEOPLE
- MY OBJECTIVES SELF-SABOTAGE ACTION PLAN SELF-AWARENESS LIKEMINDED PEOPLE OVERCOMING BLOCKERS REQUIRES ACTING IN SPITE OF DISCOMFORT
- OVERCOMING BLOCKERS REQUIRES ACTING IN SPITE OF DISCOMFORT Which means we never actually Escape our blockers but we can use them rather than let them stop us.
- There is no one way. Whats true is what works for you. - DISCLAIMER -
- There is no one way. Whats true is what works for you. - DISCLAIMER - Thinking this will keep us stuck!
- What we are going to talk about today is simpler than you might imagine and hard as hell to do.
- OVERCOMING BLOCKERS REQUIRES ACTING IN SPITE OF DISCOMFORT
- OVERCOMING BLOCKERS REQUIRES ACTING IN SPITE OF DISCOMFORT Despite FIVE years of acting outside my comfort zone I still havent learnt this.
- PART ONE
- - SOLO EXERCISE - WHY ARE YOU HERE?
- WHY ARE WE ALL HERE?
- AUTONOMY PURPOSE MASTERY
- - SOLO EXERCISE - WHAT DO YOU WANT?
- If you werent afraid... If you knew you couldnt fail... What work would you do?
- - GROUP EXERCISE - One min each. Share with the group.
- - GROUP EXERCISE - As many Post-Its as possible What is stopping you?
- WHAT IS STOPPING YOU?
- What are the forces real or imagined that are stopping you?
- - SOLO EXERCISE - HOW STUCK ARE YOU?
- COMPETITION WHO IS THE MOST STUCK?
- DEFINE OBSTACLE
- a thing that blocks one's way or prevents or hinders progress. OBSTACLE
- 1. Escaping your blockers (or learning to use them) is a never-ending process.
- 1. Escaping your blockers (or learning to use them) is a never-ending process. 2. Doing work that matters, on our own terms, will always involve some fear.
- 1. Escaping your blockers (or learning to use them) is a never-ending process. 2. Doing work that matters, on our own terms, will always involve some fear. 3. And if we stop feeling uncomfortable / excited weve probably stagnated.
- HOW HAS THE PATH OF PROBABILITY BEEN WORKING FOR YOU?
- An impasse: when we try to push our way forward using our old views and methods. Soon we realize this is not working and find ourselves at a dead end. Energy and inspiration begin to evaporate; our conviction seems less certain. - Timothy Butler, Getting Unstuck
- - BREAK -
- Fear of the unknown is an extremely useful survival mechanism.
- But when meaning and fulfillment are at stake they are slightly less useful.
- We can use our fears.
- We can use our fears. And without taking crazy risks!
- We can simply use them as prompts.
- CASE STUDY Matt from Beerbods
- - PAIR EXERCISES - TURN BLOCKERS INTO ACTIONS One action per Post-It
- - SOME PSYCHOLOGY -
- WHY DO WE GET STUCK? Experiential Avoidance.
- WHY DO WE GET STUCK? Experiential Avoidance.
- - MORE PSYCHOLOGY -
- WHY DO WE GET STUCK? Anxious thoughts.
- - GROUP EXERCISE - Discuss these cognitive distortions.
- - SOLO EXERCISE - ON THREE POST-ITS
- WHAT HAVE BEEN YOUR MOST SIGNIFICANT LEARNING EXPERIENCES?
- We learn in the same way as we overcome our blockers by doing new things.
- THE PASSION TRAP Three myths that keep us stuck
- MYTH ONE Passions are discovered in searing moments of insight on the tube on the way to work
- ALTERNATIVE VIEW Passions are grown through the much harder work of getting out there and doing new things.
- MYTH TWO What if I dont like the new thing? I dont want to change until I know it is absolutely right for me. It needs to be perfect.
- ALTERNATIVE VIEW Is it perfect now?
- MYTH THREE I dont have a good idea or plan so Ill stay put till I figure it all out.
- ALTERNATIVE VIEW We cant think our way to a new career, we need to DO our way through the obstacles.
- DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT Mini-Dos.
- LEARN EXPERIMENT NETWORK
- All without quitting our jobs.
- - SOLO EXERCISE - PROCRASTINATION POLICE
- Remove anything that involves thinking or anything that doesnt touch the world or anything that involves deferring permission onto someone else.
- - PAIR EXERCISES - CHOSE FIVE GENUINE ACTIONS They have to make you uncomfortable Commit to doing them by end of Aug.
- Only in struggling with the impediments that made others quit can we find ourselves on untrodden territoryonly by persisting and resisting can we learn what others were too impatient to be taught.
- An impasse is a request for us to change our way of thinking about ourselves and our place in the world.
- Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance
- THANK YOU. GOOD LUCK.
- DO WORK YOU LOVE X4 WORKSHOPS ESCAPE YOUR BLOCKERS TODAY FIND YOUR PASSION 11th August SOLD OUT OWN YOUR CAREER 18th August AVAILABLE MANAGE YOUR RISK 28th August AVAILABLE
- STARTUP COURSES FOUNDER CENTRIC STARTUP MBA FOUNDATIONAL COURSE STARTUP MBA WEB DEVELOPMENT STARTUP MBA SOCIAL ENTERPRISE STARTUP MBA FUNDING & PITCHING AUG 29-31, SEP 19-21, OCT 17-19 AUG 23-24, SEP TBC AUG 16-17, SEP TBC AUG 16, SEP TBC
View more >
Alpha & beta- adrenergic receptor blockers Adrenoceptor Blockers Adrenolytics Adrenergic Neuron Blockers Sympatholytics Form False Transmitters Deplete
Adrenolytics. Adrenoceptor Blockers Adrenolytics Adrenergic Neuron Blockers Sympatholytics Alpha & beta- adrenergic receptor blockers
Antiarrhythmic Drugs. Drug List Class 1 Sodium Channel Blockers Class 2 Beta-blockers Class 3 Potassium Channel blockers Class 4 Calcium Channel Blockers