out of 20
Post on 17-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. english Welcome to worksdotenglish Welcome to worksdot DIAGNOSTIC ACTIVITYLEVEL 4
- 2. 3 2 My name is Betty and Im going to guide you through this learning program with my boyfriend Jason and my best friend Enrique. Today were going to a contest and later well be sharing our experiences with you, guys. Do you wanna join us. How much do I know?
- 3. READING AND WRITING TASK 1 TASK 2 TASK 3 TASK 4 TASK 5 TASK 1 TASK 2 TASK 3 TASK 4 TASK 5 4 5 Al terminar sus actividades de Use of English, por favor tome una captura de pantalla de su resultado y adjntelo como punto 1. del taller de la semana de diagnstico. Al terminar sus actividades de reading and writing, por favor tome una captura de pantalla de su resultado y adjntelo como punto 2. del taller de la semana de diagnstico. USE OF ENGLISH
- 4. CULTURAL KNOWLEDGE TASK 1 TASK 2 TASK 3 TASK 4 TASK 1 TASK 2 6 7 Al terminar sus actividades de Listening & Speaking por favor tome una captura de pantalla de su resultado y adjntelo como punto 3 del taller de la semana de diagnstico. Al terminar sus actividades de Cultural Knowledge por favor tome una captura de pantalla de su resultado y adjntelo como punto 4 del taller de la semana de diagnstico. LISTENING & SPEAKING
- 5. 9 3 2 1 REMEMBER: 8 Realice las siguientes actividades para completar su diagnstico correspondiente a la semana 1 del programa de formacin: Taller que contenga las capturas de pantallas respectivas a los tasks de los puntos 1, 2, 3 y 4. Participacin en el foro social (solo se aceptar en Ingls) Participacin en la sesin en lnea, programada por su tutor durante la semana.
- 6. 11 TASK 1 DIAGNOSTIC 1 10 Choose the best option: 1. Joseph, Im curious. Tell me: a. What do you do? b. What you doing? c. What do you doing? 2. Are you from Ireland? a. Yes, I am Irish b. Yes, I am Irlandese c. Yes, I am Irlan 3. Where does your brother live? a. He live in Pittsburgh. b. He living in Pittsburgh. c. He lives in Pittsburgh.
- 7. 4. Do you like pizza? a. Yes, I do not. b. No, I do not. c. None 5. Theres such a traffic jam. a. Are you going to work in bus? b. Are you going to work for bus? c. Are you going to work by bus? 6. Look at that car! a. Wow! Its such a nice car. b. Wow! Its car very nice. c. Wow! Its a nice and such car. 7. I like big houses. a. Look at those house over there. b. Look at that house over there. c. Look at this house over there. 8. Good morning, sir. a. What would you like for breakfast? b. Where would you like for breakfast? c. Why would you like for breakfast? 9. My mom is not here. I feel disappointed. a. Oh. Dont feel sad. She is coming soon. b. I feel very happy for you. I love your smile. c. Tell your mom, I cant go. 12 13
- 8. 14 15 10. Hey! Thats my book. a. No, that mine book. b. No, this book is yours. c. No, that book is mine! TASK 2 TASK 3 Write the negative form. Use contractions. 1. I like honey. _____________________Rta: I dont like honey 2. I am Italian. _____________________Rta: I am not Italian 3. She is doing her homework. __________________Rta: She isnt doing her homework 4. Read the book! _____________________________Rta: Dont read the book! 5. He plays soccer._____________________________Rta: He doesnt play soccer. Drag each one of the words to the right column. Countries Colors One thousand Tiger Shoemaker Owl One hundred Swedish Thursday Saturday Tuesday Black Surgeon Chinese Pig Monday Germany January Spain August Friday Argentinian Polish Waiter Forty two Journalist June Manager Switzerland Gray Greek White March Dove Butterfly Yellow France Japan Pink May Ten Thirty five Animals Months Days Jobs NumbersNationalities
- 9. ______the book ______a letter ______to school ______your lesson ______the race ______drums ______a question ______a picture ______English ______to the radio a. ask b. listen to c. go d. draw a. In x 3 b. Over c. By d. At e. Next to f. On g. Of h. Under e. play f. speak g. read h. write i. study j. run 16 17 TASK 4 TASK 5 Choose the right verb to complete the expression Fill in the correct prepositions Yesterday I was _____ the kitchen, when a mouse came ____ and he accidentally run _____ my cat, Snow. Snow took the mouse ____ his tail and started looking _____ him. How crazy was that! I was certainly confused, but, wellI live ____ New York, _____ to a rubbish dump. My apartment is ____ the first floor and my daughter always leaves a big piece ____ cheese _____the kitchens table.
- 10. Choose the best answer according to the Reading. Did Enrique take advantage of his experience in Barranquilla? a) He enjoy nothing in Barranquilla b) He enjoyed both his experience in Barranquilla and his dialogue with Lois c) He took advantage of his experience but he could not talk about it with Lois d) He did not take advantage about anything. Who was his mate in the carnival? a) Annie is his mate in the carnival b) He was alone Because he wanted to meet new friends c) He was not alone, he was with Annie d) Lois was his mate in the trip TASK 1 DIAGNOSTIC 2 18 19
- 11. Which events could people relish in the Barranquilla carnival? a) People could relish battle of flowers, great and street parade and the funeral of Joselito. b) People could relished battle of flowers, great and street parade and the funeral of Joselito. c) People could not relished battle of flowers, great and street parade and the funeral of Joselito. d) People could not relish battle of flowers, great and street parade and the funeral of Joselito. Why do you think tourists want to visit Barranquilla? a) Tourists want to visit Barranquilla because they could appreciate ethnic diversity b) Tourists want to visit Barranquilla because they can figure out Colombian culture c) Tourists want to visit Barranquilla because it is a musical heritage of humanity d) All of the above are right What disadvantages might people have in a trip like that? a) You do not find out lonely places where you can get relaxed b) You can get lost, nobody finds you because there are crowds c) They could not have any disadvantage in a trip like that d) Both a and b are right Organize the following events based on the reading (1-5) ______ Enrique went to battle of flowers ______ Enrique arrived at Annies house ______ Enrique knew the Metropolitano stadium and museums ______ Enrique talked with Lois about his trip ______ Lois wants to travel to the Barraquilla carnival 20 21 TASK 2
- 12. Write the right linking words to make the paragraph meaningful. For instance First of all To sum up In my point of view Such as Festivals, carnivals and celebrations show costumes and culture. ____________________, there are two main reasons to argue this idea. _____________, festivities give an identity to people. Moreover, each town in Colombia has a commemoration where people expose how and what they dance, eat, drink and figure out their world. ________________, religion is one of the most popular institutions that has more holydays; ______________ holy week, Christmas, the saints day and so on. _______________, our faith, costumes and culture are set up by performances, behaviors and manners of living that are presented in wide-ranging kind of festivals. TASK 3 Put in order the next sentences. Was /I / getting bored / when /rang/ the last week/ the phone /. Share / and /show /each other /they /did / their joy/? Go to/ beaches/ did / you / near/ some/? Can /my /I /leave/ all /stuff /here/? I /say /it /one /of / the /have /experiences /was /most /unforgettable /ever /I / had /could. TASK 4 Write your participation in the social forum. Please follow the instructions carefully and use ONLY English. To get to the forum, go to the Forums area in the program menu. TASK 5 22 23
- 13. Listen to Betty Florez talking about herself and the carnival of Barranquilla. Guin situacin comunicativa 6 STATEMENT True False True or False. Choose if the statement is true or false: Betty is from Bogota, Colombia. Betty thinks that liars are good workmates. Betty is a Caribbean person. Betty is like her mother. Betty does not like to dance and entertain herself. Betty is a hard working person. Carnival of Barranquilla is the greatest carnival in Colombia. You could meet foreigners in the carnival of Barranquilla. The carnival of Barrranquilla takes long four days. In the carnival of Barranquilla, people get bored because there is nothing to do. TASK 1 TASK 2 DIAGNOSTIC 3 24 25
- 14. TASK 3 Choose the right answer. Where does Betty live? a) She live in Barranquilla b) She lives at Barranquilla c) She does not live at Barranquilla d) She lives in Barranquilla Where is she from? a) She is Colombian b) She is not from Colombia c) She is from Colombia d) Both A and C are right What is she like? a) She is short and gorgeous b) She is hard working c) She is like her mother d) All of the above are right What does she do? a) She does not do anything b) She does nothing c) She works in a company d) She work in a company When does the carnival of Barranquilla take place? a) It is in February b) It is on February c) It is not on January d) It is in January 26 27
- 15. How long do people enjoy the carnival for? a) People do not enjoy the carnival four days b) People does enjoy the carnival four days c) People enjoys the carnival four days d) People enjoy the carnival four days Are there any British people in the carnival? a) Yes, there are british people b) No, there are british people c) Yes, there are not british people d) No, there are not british people Which activities do people do in the carnival? a) They dance, get costume, drink, sing. b) They get wet, meet people and stay at home. c) They cook fish and rice, meet new friends. d) All of the above are right Why is Betty a good worker? a) Betty is a good worker because she learns about different terms b) Betty is a good worker because she does not wast
View more >
LE ANDER LONGIROSTRI (HS ML-EDW.- ) VAR . ?· LE ANDER LONGIROSTRI (HS ML-EDW.- ) VAR . ROBUSTA NOV,…
Teradata Active EDW 6650 & 6680 - Monash ?· 2 Agenda • New Teradata Active EDW platforms • Teradata Active EDW 6680 • Teradata Active EDW 6650 • Teradata SSD technology & performance • Active EDW
BusinessObjects XI R2 Web Intelligence Training 2-InfoView Basics Accessing EDW using InfoView . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13 Logging on to the EDW