development of matlab-based data plotting and analysis for ... · shot analysis module •...
Embed Size (px)
Development of Matlab-based data plotting and analysis for high power ICRH system
Krupa Mehta Mr. Ramesh Joshi
PG student, UVPCE, Mehsana Engineer-SD, IPR
• Ion cyclotron resonance heating (ICRH) is a prominent auxiliary heating system for Tokamak devices. ICRHData acquisition and control system (DAC) had been commissioned for remote experiment for 20-40 MHzICRH heating system along with connected power supplies. ICRH DAC acquires data at 1 kHz rate duringapplied RF power to analyze data after every shot.
• EPICS and python based ICRH DAC client acquires calibrated signals into ascii format. Python programintegrated with matplotlib and scipy for calibration of raw voltage signals.
• Data should be plotted and analyzed between every shot to check system performance and operationalsequence.
• Matlab based Graphical User Interface (GUI) has been developed using GUIDE to plot the data dynamicallywith reference to RF pulse so one can compare all signals in reference to RF pulse on-time, delay-time andoff-time. This GUI has been developed to plot the calibrated data with different requirement for analysis.
• Program has been developed with handling errors and exceptions. Separate smoothing functions have beenused provided by matlab smoothing and curve fitting utilities.
• There are three different plotting scheme named:
• Arbitrary selected signal plot
• Plot with respect to RF pulse
• Compare different shots
• Configuration menu has been given to set x,y limits, show mean, min and max with data cursor facility.
Shot Analysis Module
• Matlab-based data plottingand analysis for high powerICRH system.
• GUIDE generates Graphical User Interface.
• GUIDE generates .m file forthe GUI built.
• Path is provided throughSelect path and shot no.Shotno. consist of files whichcontains voltage and currentvalues for amplifier stages.
Graphical User Interface
Selection of Signals(1/4)
• Selection of signal files fromthe listbox is exhibited fromthe path generated by two editboxes named Select Path andShot No.
• One or multiple signals can beselected from the listbox .
• Signal values selected consistof files which containsvoltage and current values foramplifier stages.
Selection of signals
Selection of Signals(2/4)
Selection of Signals(3/4)
Plot for dummy values
Selection of Signals(4/4)
Plot for fixed values with respect to RF pulse
• Maximum , minimum andaverage values can beconfigured for the selectedfiles .
• Maximum and minimumRange for X and Y axis canbe provided by the user
• Current plot will retainwhile adding new plot forthe selected files byselecting the checkbox.
Configuration Features (1/8)
Selection of signals for configuration
Configuration Features (2/8)
Plot for the selected signals showing max,min and mean values
Configuration Features (3/8)
• Smoothing and On-time plot for selected files with respect to RF pulse.
• To analyze the plot results zooming and data cursor utility is configured.
• Range limit for x and y axis can be configured by providing input to the GUI.
Configuration Features (4/8)
Plot for the selected signals Smoothing and on-time pulse plot for selected signals
Maximum and Minimum Range
for X and Y axis can be set by
giving input to Xmin,Xmax,Ymin
Configuration Features (5/8)
Selection of signals for setting the range
Configuration Features (6/8)
Plot for setting the limits of X and Y axis
Configuration Features (7/8)
Plot for selected signals Zooming for plotted signals
Configuration Features (8/8)
Plot for data cursor
Selection of shot no for comparing shots
Plot for compared shots
Matlab based Graphical User Interface (GUI) has been developed using GUIDE to plot the data for arbitrary selected signals and with respect to RF pulse. GUI has been developed with different configuration features. Comparison of shots taken at different time interval is displayed. The functionality will be extended for configuration features described in future scope.
• Online Density calculation for Longmire probe
• Diagnostics signals
• Individual axis setting of the sub plots
• Log book according to data calculation