DESE AND OFFICE OF COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS UPDATE Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education MCCTA Spring Conference February 12, 2015.
out of 30
Post on 25-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- DESE AND OFFICE OF COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS UPDATE Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education MCCTA Spring Conference February 12, 2015 February 2015
- Slide 2
- Sharon Helwig, Assistant Commissioner DESE Updates
- Slide 3
- Dennis Harden, Coordinator Career Education Updates
- Slide 4
- Staff Updates Chris Dzurick, Supervisor, BMIT and State FBLA/PBL Advisor Monica Silvey, Administrative Assistant to Dennis Harden Current Openings Agriculture Education Area Supervisor Skilled Technical Sciences Supervisor/SkillsUSA Director Time Pathways to Prosperity Director (MidMissouri)
- Slide 5
- Perkins Updates Year 9 Extension State Plan Revisions Negotiate levels of performance for Year 9 FY2014 Performance Secondary Academic Attainment/Mathematics Postsecondary- Credential, Certificate or Degree Tiered Monitoring
- Slide 6
- 50/50 Equipment/Educational Resources Grants Continuation of 50/50 funds for equipment Standardize application process among program sections Provides for more accountability of funds Requests due July 1, 2015 Final payments due February 1, 2016 so unspent funds can be reallocated
- Slide 7
- Common CTE Criteria and Quality Indicators In revision for two years Utilized model rubric designed by SREB for Quality CTE programs along with our current CTE Common Program Standards and Quality Indicators Reviewed and approved by the CTE Advisory Group at their February 10, 2015 meeting Will initially be available for use by CTE teachers and administrators as a tool to review and improve programs Not A Requirement. Future: May be used to determine program approval, funding, etc.
- Slide 8
- College and Career Readiness Accountability Administrative Memo QS-15-003 ACT Workkeys (Standard 3*1-3: College and Career Readiness) Expansion of Career and Technical Education (Standard 3*4: College and Career Readiness) College and Career Placement (Standard 3*5-6: College and Career Readiness)
- Slide 9
- CTSO Data Collection Administrative Memo 15-003 Reported in June Core Data Cycle (June 2015) Levels of Participation determined locally based on guidance provided in memo Purpose is to provide the Department with a more concise look at student participation in CTSOs.
- Slide 10
- Approved Business Ed Courses Administrative Memo CCR-15-002 Added the following courses as Business Education AP Macroeconomics AP Microeconomics IB Economics
- Slide 11
- Janice Rehak, Coordinator NCI and NTI
- Slide 12
- Dates for NCI & NTI New Counselor Institute (NCI) July 12-15, 2015 Capitol Plaza Hotel, Jefferson City New Teacher Institute (NTI) July 26-29, Hilton Garden Inn, Columbia
- Slide 13
- Janice Rehak, Coordinator TSA and IRC
- Slide 14
- Doug Sutton, Director Enhancement Grant Update
- Slide 15
- FY15 Enhancement Grant March 31, 2015 is the remaining key date for FY15 Enhancement Grant administration EGFV2s and report describing grantees accomplishments are due no later than that date
- Slide 16
- FY16 Enhancement Grant Key Changes Moved from a statement of need and description of improvements to a program improvement plan Transitioned to a web app-based application process Cost threshold for reimbursement up to 75% increased from $200 to $1,000 Process changed for allowance and monitoring of expenditures designed to provide units for student use at or near a 1:1 basis
- Slide 17
- FY16 Enhancement Grant FY16 Enhancement Grant application deadline was Friday, February 6, 2015 Review and discussion: Volume and preliminary data What worked/what needs further adjustment? What benefits and/or barriers are being recognized locally?
- Slide 18
- Kristie Davis, Director Pathways to Prosperity
- Slide 19
- Pathway for Teachers Day In The Life-Video Challenge Asset Mapping Statewide Conference March 2-3 Summer Jobs Program 19
- Slide 20
- Pathways to Prosperity Pathways for Teachers 117 administrators, counselors, core teachers, and CTE teachers in 9 school districts participating Affton, Ferguson-Florissant, Hazelwood, Normandy School Collaborative, Camdenton, Centralia, Blue Springs South, Ruskin, and Platte County Information Technology Hospitality and Tourism Health Science Advanced Manufacturing Bioscience/Biotechnology 20
- Slide 21
- Pathways to Prosperity Day in The Life-Video Challenge Macon- Working together with employers Computer Programming On Shore $2,500 Towards CTE programs Must comply with Perkins Allowable and Unallowable cost expenditure guidelines 21
- Slide 22
- Pathways to Prosperity Mid-Missouri and Kansas City Asset Mapping Key Points: Rural communities concerned with students leaving due to lack of local economic opportunity awareness Employers see many students lacking the soft skills that are essential in the workplace IT programing and networking are in high demand across all industry sectors Many educational programs/initiatives but in many cases lack of coordination among comparable programs 22
- Slide 23
- Pathways to Prosperity Pathways/Building Bridges Statewide Conference March 2-3 Tan-Tar-A Highlighting a variety of programs and resources across the state Pathway districts, Innovation Campus, MERIC data, Educator Evaluation Tool, Project Based Learning, Business Panels, etc. 23
- Slide 24
- Pathways to Prosperity Summer Jobs League Announced by the Governor 2,000 summer jobs in St. Louis 1,500 summer jobs in Kansas City Pathways collaborating with local Workforce Investment Boards and Summer Jobs League Committee 24
- Slide 25
- PATHWAYS TO PROSPERITY MISSOURI Kristie Davis-State Director Gail Stewart-St. Louis Regional Director Ann Starlin-Horner-Kansas City Regional Director
- Slide 26
- Office of Data Quality
- Slide 27
- MOSIS Files This data is submitted via MOSIS PS-Adult Course Assignment file This data is used to verify courses/programs being taught for the reporting year. Opens February 1 Closes March 31 Student Graduate Follow Up file Due Date February 15 The use is used in Perkins, EIF, APR and MSIP files
- Slide 28
- MOSIS June Student Core Due June 30 June Student Core This data is used to verify Perkins information for the reporting year. Student Course Completion NEW CTSO Student Participation
- Slide 29
- Effectiveness Index Formula Data Effectiveness Index Formula (EIF) Combines 2013 June Student Core concentrators who graduated with the 2014 Graduate Follow Up with a status of Continuing Education (related and non-related) Employed Related Military (related and non-related)
- Slide 30
- Sharon Helwig email@example.com@dese.mo.gov Dennis Harden firstname.lastname@example.org@dese.mo.gov Janice Rehak email@example.com@dese.mo.gov Kristie Davis firstname.lastname@example.org@dese.mo.gov Doug Sutton email@example.com@dese.mo.gov For More Information:
View more >
STRATEGIC PRIORITIES - dese.mo.gov ?· 2 Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education •…
Spring New Directors - Missouri Department of Elementary ... ?· Missouri Department of Elementary and…
Missouri Assessment Program Examiner’s Manual Training Spring 2009 Produced by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education in collaboration.
DEPARTMENT OF ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION (DESE ... Web viewD. Assist English language learners in improving ... by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). ... (grade level 2–3.9): Reading ...
Department of College and Career Readiness ?· Department of College and Career Readiness Woodworking…
Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education 1 College and Career Readiness Webinar Series: College and Career Readiness Data Tools District.
MISSOURI COMPREHENSIVE DATA SYSTEM OFFICE OF DATA SYSTEM MANAGEMENT Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education July 26, 2011.
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Department of Elementary and Secondary Education . Spring 2016 ... groups up to 5 objects ... Use addition and subtraction within 20 to
1 College and career readiness Board of Elementary & Secondary Education Special meeting: March 21, 2011.
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Gavin Allan OCR MOA Coordinator Office Of Career and College Readiness Civil Rights Compliance.
THE OFFICE OF EDUCATOR QUALITY Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education August 15, 2011 Missouri Model Teacher and Leader Standards.
SCHOOL TRANSPORTATION UPDATE MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION 2015 MASA Spring Conference March 2015.
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, School Food Services USDA Foods Program Commodity Expos February 12-14, 2014 Matthew Essner
DEPARTMENT OF ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION OF ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION . IN THE MATTER OF: ... Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education ... (TORC-3) was administered on ...
THE MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY ?· MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY…