dental implantation cho young kuen
Post on 02-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Dental Implantation Cho Young Kuen The different stress distributionbetween normal and abnormal ratio of crown
- The most frequent surgical procedure performed upon humans is dental extraction.
- The most frequently employed prosthesis is the complete or partial denture. (Cranin, Worthington, 1988)
- Analyzing force transferat the bone-implant interface isan essential stepin the overall analysis of loading.
- Both implant and bone should be stressed within a certain range for physiologic homeostasis.
- (Static, dynamic and fatigue behaviors of dental implant using finite element method)
- 3 steps for implantation
- Cut section
- Implant the fixture
- Implant the others
- (abutment, metal frame, occlusal material)
(Http://catalog.nucleusinc.com) 5. Introductory
- The crown ratioof the dente is not always same in every dental implantation.
- Iftrabecula bone densityis not enough for implatation, how stress distribution is occurred?
(Http://catalog.nucleusinc.com) 6. Biomaterials 0.30 1370 Spongy Bone Spongy Bone 0.30 13400 Cortical Bone Cortical Bone 0.35 110000 Titanium Implant 0.28 68900 Porcelain Crown Poissons ratio Youngs modulus (MPa) Materials Parts 7. Simulation purpose
- Simulate for physical reaction on same structure butdifferent ratio of crown
- Case 1. Normal
- Case 2. Abnormal ( 1.5 times )
- Case 3. Abnormal ( 2.0 times )
8. Why do abnormal?
- Its caused by position of transplant.(e.g. a cuspid, a grinder)
- Jawbone is going down (then turn it black).
- Meshing by Hypermesh
- Cortical outer
- Cortical inner
- Loading phase
- FX : -17.1 N
- FY : -114.6N
- FZ : 23.4 N
- FT : 118.2 N
- Analyze by ANSYS10.0
- Material properties
11. Result Normal 12. Result Abnormal ( 1.5 times ) 13. Result Abnormal ( 2.0 times ) 14. Result I make a path to measure the stressby 90 nodes on the contact surfacebetween cortical outer bone and implant. 15. Result 16. Discussion
- There are certain parts the maximum stress is occurred.
- Some parts have more stress to take overload without overall failure.
- Its means that the life of implant can be longer tomodify the shapeorto fill in the trabecula bone.
17. Further study
- We assumed that the crown ratio is different between each dente, however, it can be make up byshape of crown .
- So we need to analyze usingvarious types of crown.
18. Any Questions?